Which Packages do I need to download to enable UiPath.Python.Activities?

I am needing to integrate Python scripts into my UIPath processes. I have discovered that i will need to use the activities from the “UIPath.Python” library, but I do not know what i need to download from Packages in order to enable this.
I already have Python 3.8.2 installed in its Default directory, and use VSCode to successfully create Python scripts. When i try to download the generic Python or Python (32-bit) packages, they install with errors:

I do not see anything obvious anywhere as to what i need to do to enable these functionalities…Please help me with this simple task!

Hi,

You tried installing uipath.python.activities? what was the error thrown while installing?

that does not show up in the package list when i search for it, so i assumed it was a part of the generic “Python” Packages:

It should show up.
Just search as Python. The first search result will be uipath.python.activities
Make sure to select All Packages on the left.

Unfortunately that is not the case. All Packages is selected, and searching for Python nor UIPath.Python.Activities returns that package for download. Screenshots below are the full list of results returned when searching for “Python”.

Please disregard. I see what my issue was: in “Settings” i did not have “Official” or “Go!” selected so it wasnt showing the full results.

i was about to say the same solution. Please add them adn you should be able to see the results.

Yes i was able to add them and now i can add the activities.
I’m having an issue actually running anything though. In another forum post, a user linked a simple Python execution workflow (attached) and i am attempting to run it but keep getting “Error loading Python Script. InvalidOperationException”.Python_Mini_Demo.zip (2.5 KB)

The ReadMe says that i need Python 3.6+ located in “C:\Python36”. The default install directory for Python is actually “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Python” So i just copied that into “C:\Python36”. I’m not sure that’s accurate though.

can you create a new python file that just writes something and check if it is working.

I cannot, no. I replaced the script with one just a Hello World print (print(‘Hello World’)). Same error while trying to execute “Load Python Script”.

in the exception window, click on Details and post the message here pls

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.InvalidOperationException: Error loading Python script ----> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at UiPath.Python.Service.IPythonService.LoadScript(String code)
at UiPath.Python.Impl.OutOfProcessEngine.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Python.Activities.LoadScript.d__12.MoveNext()
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Python.Activities.LoadScript.d__12.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskCodeActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

in PythonScope have you set the Python Home path?
Have you mentioned the version of python

I have tried numerous configurations there, yes. I have 3.8.2 installed, and i have the path pointing to the same directory C:\Users\mibiss\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32. I have tried selecting x86 and x64, and have tried Auto for Version as well as Python_36.
I either get the same error i already pasted here, or i get “Could not detect Python version” if i selected “Auto”.

i believe, uipath as of now supports until max 36 version.
Can you check by installing that.
38 isnt supported

That was it. I thought i read somewhere that you just needed 3.6 or greater. I installed 3.6.8, pointed UIPath towards that version and it runs fine now.

Thanks for helping me through this!

1 Like

Welcome. Glad that issue is solved :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.