When starting this flow in studio I receive the error below. Message: WorkflowIdentity.Name and Package cannot contain leading or trailing white space (Unicode character categories Zl, Zp, or Zs)

When starting this flow in studio I receive the error below.
I cannot see any leading or trailing white spaces. Is it somehow possible to see in the debugging where exactly the problem occurs?

20.4.0-beta.472

Message: WorkflowIdentity.Name and Package cannot contain leading or trailing white space (Unicode character categories Zl, Zp, or Zs).
Parameter name: value

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: WorkflowIdentity.Name and Package cannot contain leading or trailing white space (Unicode character categories Zl, Zp, or Zs).
at System.Activities.WorkflowIdentity.ValidateName(String name, String paramName)
at System.Activities.WorkflowIdentity.set_Name(String value)
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowUtilities.CreateIdentity(JobModel job, String workflowPath)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.InitWorkflowApplication()
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__83.MoveNext()

can you please post a picture of the wf or attach the entire project?

HI, Even i have same problem, please help me with this

Message: WorkflowIdentity.Name and Package cannot contain leading or trailing white space (Unicode character categories Zl, Zp, or Zs).

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: WorkflowIdentity.Name and Package cannot contain leading or trailing white space (Unicode character categories Zl, Zp, or Zs).
at System.Activities.WorkflowIdentity.ValidateName(String name, String paramName)
at System.Activities.WorkflowIdentity.set_Name(String value)
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowUtilities.CreateIdentity(JobModel job, String workflowPath)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.InitWorkflowApplication()
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__83.MoveNext()

I was trying to do this " Tutorial: Filtering Data in Excel"

HI Stefanha,

I had the same issue and I fixed by opening the .json file with notepad and deleting the spaces between the commas in the “name” field.

the *json file must be located in the folder where you store your main project. it usually called project.json

1 Like