What is the difference between dataTable and DataRow in variable types

can we use both variable in a flowchart

1 Like

Data Table is nothing but collection of Data Rows.
Data Table has multiple Data Row and Data row is single unit.

2 Likes

DataTable variable is able to hold a collection of data in a specific format. Just like a table or grid that you find in a web page, or in a SQL database. for easy understanding, think that DataTable is a database table. and the DataRow is a particular row of that table

So ideally, DataTable can hold many DataRows. DataRow has info of only one particular row, but it can have multiple columns. just like a extracted record from a database table. hope you get the idea… :slight_smile:

and for the question

can we use both variable in a flowchart

yes, we can use them both in flowcharts

1 Like

@supu123

In simple terms Datatable is the collection of multiple datarows. A DataTable is an in-memory representation of a single database table/Single excel sheet which has collection of rows and columns.

Datarow is an single record/unit which can have multiple columns

2 Likes

Thankyou. But I am getting a error while running a sequence as “cannot find column [“yes”] and Exception Type:System.Data.EvalulateException”.Below is screenshot of the sequence.

1 Like

This is the code “names.Select(”[Club Member]= ‘Yes’ “)” i have used to read a column here names is datatable variable and club member is Club Member is column name and is assigned to a dataRow variable named as club Members .
Sequence throws an error unable to read column.

2 Likes

If you want to use Column name, first see how uipath is printing the column name by looping through the columns from the datatable in for each and print column names and see if any spaces are there in column name and then use Column name “Club Member” in assign statement based on the above printed column names from for each loop

1 Like

Hello @supu123, i see you have created multiple posts for similar issues.
Please try and keep the questions in one thread so that its easy for you and the members to address.

As referred in the other thread please try with the attached workflow ReadRangeFilter.xaml (9.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi,
Currently i am facing same issue in filtering specific column.

And i have gone through your ReadRangeFilter source file…

You have used Column name as"ClubMemeber" . But, how can i filter column String with a space inbetween the column String ,“Club Member” ???

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
Actually you just need to use and pass your column name. It will work.