What is benifit to use CSV file and how is defferent from excel

What is benifit to use CSV file and how is defferent from excel can you give advantage and disadvantage of both and where I can use CSV and excel.

Hey!

The difference between CSV and XLS file formats is that CSV format is a plain text format in which values are separated by commas (Comma Separated Values), while XLS file format is an Excel Sheets binary file format which holds information about all the worksheets in a file, including both content and formatting.

Reference:

Difference Between CSV and XLS.

Regards,
NaNi

@Aleem_Khan

1. csv is just a text file (you can open it as a text file), hence activities like read/write to csv are a lot faster than read/write to xlsx since its basically a text file

2. disadvantage of csv: no formatting: you can format a csv file, e.g. if you open a csv file a format it e.g. change cell color etc , it wont be saved

1 Like

In multiple bot architecture can I use CSV as a bot output report as I head that multiple bot can use one CSV file for updating transection at same time.
Am I correct ?

Hey!

Yes, You can use Single CSV file to update the data which is coming from multiple bots

Regards,
NaNi

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.