What are the Hardware / Software requirements for BOT machines (VMs) on which a Document Understanding Framework is running

Hello. I am currently working with UiPath Document Understanding. The setup I am using is Automation Cloud + local VM’s connected to carry out the Document Understanding processing using UiPath Document Understanding dedicated framework.

Recently a client request came to specify “what are the Hardware requirements to setup Document Understanding for them” ,considering that they also will be using Automation Cloud. Now my issue / problem here is the following - to my understanding if we select Automation Cloud, the infra setup when it comes to training models, running ML packages and pipelines, all resides in the Cloud, hence, to be frank is not our problem and so should not be a problem for the client to worry about. What I need to know, however, is - are there any specifics for the worker / bot machines that will be running the Document Understanding flows? The only link I found in that regard is this one:

https://docs.uipath.com/document-understanding/v2022.10/docs/hardware-requirements

Therein I found a lot of information on the machines, however, I get the feeling that this actually relates again not to the worker machines but to the infra setup for Automation Suite (on prem) rather than anything related to Automation Cloud.

Right now I’m running my Doc. Understanding solution on a standard, business laptop with no high-end GPU or anything like that and the flow runs efficient (something around 20 - 35 seconds per invoice) in my opinion.

To sum up, can anyone provide me with a link or a simple description what should I recommend to the client if they are using Automation Cloud with Document Understanding and want to know what specs should their Robot VM have? Thank you all in advance for a swift answer to that topic.

Best regards,
Marcin

@Marcin_Stol_PL

Infra setup is needed if you want to setup du in your vm…if its cloud…then no separate setup is needed for the bot machines…

As du does not run on robot machine and bot machine will send only api requests to the du framework

Cheers

Assumed as much…thanks for confirming Anil_G, much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.