Week 1: Build your first Robot

Great first exercise. I could see this being a huge time savor for numerous clients stuck doing manual work. For me personally, I would love to be able to run a bot on the 1st of each month to grab all of my financial information (bank accounts, investments, etc.) across every account I have, and throw those into an excel file that I’ve been manually updating for the last three years.

4 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Don’t seem to have he “Use application/browser” functionality. Can someone help?

3 posts were split to a new topic: What is the best way to select the month?

This was great to create our first RPA use case. The videos are very helpful. I can see running reports from SFDC to a central email then forwarding the email onto a DL as a simple easy automation task. Removing these mundane tasks and allowing individuals to work on more complex items is key to employee engagement and loyalty.

1 Like

This is an excellent start and new learning curve. Extremely excited. Expecting everyone’s support and God’s grace in this venture.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service. Make sure the service is started

Made my first robot, but went further and searched for many names with the Excel for each row. Very simple so far and very good explanations. Keep up the good work. Thank you

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Hi- I am still showing this error even when I already have excel installed. - Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed

A post was split to a new topic: I also had issues with the Excel Add-in and followed the steps for enabling it. However, the add-in gets soft-disabled right away once again

Great exercise to start with

1 Like

Completely new to Automation so this was a nice exercise to start off with.
No ideas yet as to what to automate but I am sure there will be loads of opportunities ahead

1 Like

Hi there,

Just discovered my unicorn name and found the task enjoyable and useful. As a matter of fact, I think I would’ve preferred to start with this one, rather than the currency converter one, which was way more complex.

However, both scenarios where very insightful and made me think of similar situations in which RPA can come in handy, such as automatically generating BOMs for hardware oriented projects and based on these and the man/hour effort needed to develop each project, even automatically generate cost estimates per project.

Looking forward to try out the next challenges.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was mentioned already, but things like:

1. Grading assignments and tests for teachers who are now working online due to COVID19. (and even after)
  2. Scraping the internet for specific information (and the latest) related to your research topic or subject expertise to stay up to date and informed in your field.
  3. Scraping reviews on your product to see what can be improved.

This was fun :slight_smile: I was able to play around a little bit once I started to understand the process. Looking forward to learning more.

Now I just need to find a Mac equivalent… Any suggestions (especially open-source, free, or low cost options) would be appreciated!

2 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: When I add the use application/browser I do not get the URL but the following message that I need to enable the UiPath Extension for Chrome before continuing

Hi guys,

1/ Checking the bitcoin price
2/ Weather checking
3/ Scrape a quote on daily positive quotes website and generate a Twitte post with it/

Have a good Uipath experience,

I am new new to Automation so this was a first attempt to see what it’s all about. Some bugs to work out yet, but it is awesome. I don’t know what to automate yet but I am sure there will be loads of opportunities ahead,

A post was split to a new topic: When I am trying to “indicate target on screen” the app is freezing

I can think of below example:

1. Sending Quotation to the leads received
  2. Auto approving in some website.
  3. Automating Data upload

Hi everyone, I am very excited to be learning, in fact I do many repetitive tasks and this type of solution will help me a lot, this solution is simple and intuitive.

Outstanding first exercise.
I look forward to be able to build more complex tasks like moving information across systems or platforms and eradicate manual data entry, automate business as usual tasks and report activities and dashboards.