Using Output Panel to go to Activity

May be a dumb question…but is there a way to click on a log message in the output panel and have it take you to where that log message is in the code? Can’t seem to figure this out?

I think you need to use the Search bar in top right corner. Search for either the variable name used or part of the text used in the Log Message activity.

Regards.

2 Likes

I can search for log messages but there are about 200 in this project. And when I try and type in the specific output of the log message, it says no matches found

I suggest that you be more simple and specific in your Log Messages. Each Log Message activity should be uniquely named, so each one can be distinguished. For example, using “Log Message - Success” rather than the generic “Log Message” name for the activity. Then, you should be able to tell by the message which activity it occured in. Or, if you use variables, then judging by the message, you can know what the variable name is to search for. If you hardcoded the message string in the Log Message, then that is the only way you can search for part of the message.

But, other than those suggestions, I can’t help you out. Just try to be more specific. Also, if you are troubleshooting an error, use the Source and Message in the Log Message, so you know which exact activity failed; this helps A LOT. And, additionally, like I said, name the activities with unique names, then you can easily find the activity.

Hopefully, that helps.

Regards.

2 Likes

Right. I didn’t create this whole thing unfortunately and there are too many to change now. Thanks though