Use Excel File-Problem (Excel Data Extraction)

Hi, I am a beginner and I try to finist first exercises but unfortunately everytime I face the same error/problem.
Can someone help me?

Something went wrong with:
Activity Use Excel File (Excel Application Card) failed:
Error opening workbook. If Excel is installed, run the ‘Repair Tool for Microsoft Office Interop’ from the Tools tab on the Home screen. Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application’
This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Fehler beim Laden der Typbibliothek/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).***

You can find the activity by searching id (press Ctrl + J to jumpt to activity):

Welcome to the UiPath Community! @RM_2021

There are several post for this issue.

Below is the standard step to troubleshoot this.

to run “Repair Tool for Microsoft Office Interop” in Tools menu?

Dear RM,
First things first:
Do you have Excel installed?
If yes,please use the UiPath Repair Tool option and try.

If Not,the use Workbook File operations to read/write excel data.

Thanks and Regards,
Geetishree Rao

Hi

Welcome to UiPath forum

Instead of excel based activities we can use WORKBOOK ACTIVITIES as it doesn’t require excel application to be installed

That is workbook activities can process any workbook even if the machine is not having excel in it
So search as Workbook in activity panel and under that we can use the same set of activities we have in excel package

This will surely work

Cheers @RM_2021

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.