I’m developing a project to resolve the “Financial Transaction Validation” RPA challenge ( Financial Transaction Validation (automationanywhere.com)). I open the browser Edge with the UI Automation modern activity then I extract data from the website. Then I click on a button that open a new tab and in that tab it can’t retrieve/see any element. I checked each selector and they are valid.
This is the use browser proprieties:
And this an activity in the other tab with the right “window selector”. But every time it switch to the first tab, can’t find the element and fails:
I also checked during the runtime the UiElement and Browser elements from “Use browser” activity output and there in the selectors remains the title of the first tab: i.e. . I tried to override and change that selector but it didn’t work.
Does someone have the same issue? Or do you know how I could I fix it?
Use Send Hot Key Activity to open new tab (Ctrl+t)
and in every selector go with the url and make sure you only keep the constant value in the url .
I tried in this way and it worked navigating to the URL. But in this case I have to click on the button to start the challenge. I expected that the browser (in this case with chromium API) switches automatically between the tab following the window and element selectors.
Use Url as shown in the image
I omit the url, I use the “title” tag:
Omit The Tile use the Url
no it didn’t work, it considers just the first tab in any case.
Make sure you keep the constant one in the url and replace the remaining wwith *
@Dinesh_Guptil no, it didn’t work either. I tried to change it but, manually, I couldn’t define a valid selector.
anyway, if someone else needs, I solved it in this way:
I get the URL from the button element (that was a partial URL)
I nested another “Use Browser Edge” activity pointing that Rusty Bank URL, with “Open If Not Open” and “Single Window” options
Finally, I retrieved again all the elements used in that tab/website. Because you have to select the correct tab/application when indicating the elements and it was not possible to define or change it manually (although the selectors of the window and element were correct, it searched anyway in the wrong tab for that element, if the element wasn’t indicated again)
In my opinion, there should be improved the handling between the tabs of the browser since this way is not straightforward and the documentation doesn’t explain well this situation.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.