Update Query returns null value if we update after performing excel activities

Hi can anyone help me with this?..

I’m Using excel as DB and Performing some select,update queries.
Select statement is working fine everywhere.

Execute non Query: SQL update query is updating with an empty value if we perform it after performing some excel activities like read or write on the same excel. But if i update the table before reading/Writing the excel, the update query is updating well… What is the cause of this issuePlease??? Why the table is not updating after perming excel activities???

Hi @Muthulakshmi_Thangamuthu,
Can you share example of workflow with this issue? I want to make sure if I understand you and if it’s not a potential bug :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hi @Pablito thanks for reply.
Please find the attachment. As i mentioned the update statement returns null after doing some excel activities. but if i update before excel activities its working fine.DBConnection.zip (42.1 KB)

1 Like

Hello @Muthulakshmi_Thangamuthu

I looked at the workflow you provided. I have a few comments and suggestions:

1. Since the Workbook activity accesses the file directly and locks it for editing, I am thinking if the problem might be that the file is still locked when trying to run the query. Please try and add a delay between the Write activity and the DB activity.
  2. Might be a fluke in the workflow, but it seems you Disconnect before running the last query. Make sure the DB Connection is still active when running the Query. Also, in the Logs, you should see the full SQL Error. Have a look there too please.

Let me know if any of this helps

1 Like