Unusual error trying to run

Hi guys, I need some help here - I have just just installed UIPath Community, and get this error whenever I try to run:

16:40:21:904 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Workflow.Logging.StudioTraceListener] [38] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/UiPath/service/duplex/agent/Lucas that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

Server stack trace: 
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.DecodeFramingFault(ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IConnection connection, Uri via, String contentType, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection connection, ArraySegment`1 preamble, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection connection, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOpenOnce.System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ICallOnce.Call(ServiceChannel channel, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOnceManager.CallOnce(TimeSpan timeout, CallOnceManager cascade)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at UiPath.Models.IUiPathRemoteContract.IsAlive()
   at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.IsAlive(Boolean retrying)
   at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.<CheckAvailability>b__29_0()
   at UiPath.Models.Retry.Do[ResultType](Func`1 action, Int32 timeoutMS, Int32 retryCount)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at UiPath.Models.Retry.Do[ResultType](Func`1 action, Int32 timeoutMS, Int32 retryCount)
   at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.CheckAvailability()
   at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
   at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
   at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.StartJob(JobModel job)
   at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.Run(String workflowFilePath, String projectName)
   at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.RunWorkflow()
   at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<get_RunWorkflowCommand>b__73_0(Object param)
   at UiPath.Workflow.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/UiPath/service/duplex/agent/Lucas that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

Can you go to Event Viewer → Windows Logs → Applications and let us know if there is any log with UiPath Source?
Is UiPath Robot Tray opened? Can you open Settings from it?

Hi Lavinia,

Thanks for your help with this. There is no log in Event Viewer → Windows
Logs → Applications with UiPath Source, and there is no UI Path robot tray
visible or running.

It really seems like something has gone wrong with the install. Note that I
had a 60 day trial version that I installed and removed back in early 2016

• would this be causing problems with UIPath community or the install?

I also had some trouble with the Community install initially which seemed
to be due to McAfee anti-virus running. But I stopped it and it seemed to
install ok?

Do you have a script that will do a complete uninstall (rather than the
windows uninstall) of all trial / community editions - I have no automation
files/projects that I need to keep? Or should I try to install the trial
edition instead of the Community edition since its a package rather than an
.exe (which may be more Windows 10 friendly)?

Thanks, Lucas

We do not have a script for a full uninstall but let’s check to see if there are some leftovers from the previous installation:

1. In Windows services is there any UiRobot/UiPath Robot service? If yes, disable it and restart the machine.
  2. Where UiPath was installed are there any files left? (usually in C:\Program Files\UiPath folder)? If yes, remove them manually.
  3. Delete any %localappdata%\UiPath, %programData%\UiPath folder.

As a last resort, yes, you can try installing the trial edition and let us know if this works. You might need a trial extension that you can request from the website.

Cheers,
Lavinia

I also got same error and solved another way.

try stop process C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\DropboxOEM\DropboxOEM.exe if you run.

Hi All,

Ii have one error in python script runningCapture

Iam also getting the same bug while running a python script.Did u solved the above bug?

Even I am getting the same error. Can anyone please suggest how to solve this bug?

Hi @swetha9893

Could you give this solution a try and report back?

@venki284 Hey, how did you solve this error?

I am only having this issue while running python script. Is there any alternative?

Hi @Sushmita_Singh

Have you tried the solution I posted above?

I’m having this issue when trying to remotely from PowerShell, I’ve enabled all the .Net features and reinstalled but nothing seems to have changed.

Attempting to navigate to the location of the net.pipe endpoint it is attempting to find gives a 404.0 error, the physical path doesn’t appear to exist. Does this mean there is something wrong with the installation?

EDIT: Running UiRobot.exe pointing to the process file as here locally works fine, it’s just when I try and do it remotely from another machine that I get this error

Did anyone find the solution to this?

hey @Sushmita_Singh did you got any solution for this ?

Hey, Did anyone get solution for above issue.