Undecypherable Studio version, release notes and so on

Hey @pere

As far as our Studio releases are concerned, we have two release channels that occasionally converge together:

• the Community channel which supports our free offering, at the “cost” of having forced updates
  • the Enterprise channel which receives a release twice a year, the .4 and .10 in April and October, respectively

As mentioned earlier - the Community channel release notes are facilitated by Forum topics in our Release Notes category.

The Enterprise channel release notes are released in our documentation.

Now, to address your questions:

• What’s my Studio Community version?

Your current Studio build is exactly the Studio 2023.10 Enterprise build that was just released to the Enterprise customers. We are currently rolling out the Enterprise release, and as part of the process, everyone on the Community release channel has also received the final, non-beta 2023.10 Studio build.

• Where’s the changelog for the last update?

I believe the release notes are being published as we speak. But I do have to mention this - even though the build is already available on the community release channel, the release process for the yearly 2023.10 enterprise release is a multi-step routine that is currently underway, and it takes a moment to complete across all components (this includes the release of the notes in the documentation).

But maybe the most important takeaway here - the information we get from the Community channel releases always “fuels” the bug fixes that are done before the final Enterprise builds are released. Thus, the delta between any Studio 2023.10-beta release and the final 2023.10 is just bug fixes, with no new net features.

There is one bit of feedback I think we can take here, and I get why this might be confusing. The thing is - the official documentation lives with the LTS release cadence. Thus, when the new release notes for Studio 2023.10 are released, the bug fixes that it mentions refer to the difference vs last LTS release, which in this case is 2023.4. They do not mention bug fixes that were introduced, but fixed, in one of the Community channel releases.

If I were to exemplify this - if one of the beta builds introduced a hypothetical bug with an IF content disappearing when you disable/enable the IF activity, and the bug would be reported on the Forum and promptly fixed before the Enterprise 2023.10 build is released, then the release notes in our documentation would not mention this fix because it wasn’t an issue in the previous 2023.4 LTS release.

Typically, our last Forum announcement is released the moment we release an Enterprise release candidate version on the Community release channel and it contains a recap of all the new features/improvements between the last LTS and the upcoming one (like this one for 2023.10). We do not currently do any follow-ups on any bug fixes after that, and I can see how this might be a bit confusing.

I will have to say though - as I was typing my reply, the Studio release notes were published in our documentation:
https://docs.uipath.com/studio/standalone/2023.10/user-guide/release-notes-2023-10-0