Unable to load custom activity

Hi. I am designing a UiPath activity thanks to the Visual Studio 2019 extension. I followed the tutorial provided by UiPath and I successfully created it and installed the activity in Studio.

The problem comes when I want to upgrade the .net framework version of the VS project of the activity, which is 4.6.1 by default, and I really need version 4.8 or 4.7.2 to use a specific C# function that I don’t have in 4.6.1.
When I change the version in all three .csproj files of the Activity (changing the property to: net48) I can use the C# function correctly within the editor, and I can build and publish the project successfully.
But UiPath studio doesn’t recognize the Activity anymore. It doesn’t show up in the Manage Packages window.

I tried deleting the previous versions (.nupkg files) to see if there was any incompatibility when using different versions of .net framework, but it didn´t work.
It’s all fine when I buil the project/Activity again changing the version to 4.6.1; in that case I can see the Activity in the Manage Packages window.
Is it possible that UiPath Studio doesn’t accept Activities built in a .net framework version other than 4.6.1?

Thanks in advance.

Note: My VS2019 and UiPath Studio are both updated to their lastest version.

1 Like

Hey @Carlos_Nunez

Did you try choosing latest net version in UiPath studio.

Thanks
#nK

When you create a new project in UiPath Studio, you can choose compatibility:

Windows Legacy - .NET Framework 4.6.1 (newer versions not supported, but older versions might work.)
Windows - .NET 5.0
Crossplatform - .NET 5.0