UiPath Terminal Activities with IBM Personal Communication

I am trying to create a process which opens a session with IBM i Access/Client Access/Personal Communication using UiPath Terminal Activities.

I have manually created a .WS file within the emulator and now I am trying to use it to initiate a connection in Terminal Session like this:

The Terminal Wizard is opened and I get this error:

I am able to use the same .WS file to access the session manually.

How do I proceed to use this session and enable data entry to the application?

1 Like

Hi @manderss

Check this

Thanks
Ashwin.S

2 Likes

I looked at it, tried to reconfigure the terminal session to use IBM EHLLAPI on an already opened session. It connects to the session once, then I’m back to Error Message: Error when I try to run the robot again. Killing the UiPath.Terminal.Host process doesn’t work either.

I also tried adding a Get Text on the full terminal window, when I’ve managed to run it the text string is empty. So appearantly Studio managed to connect to the terminal but can’t retrieve anything from it?

The picture above shows UiPath Terminal Wizard connected to the terminal. It doesn’t show any of the content seen with the emulator. I am using IBM EHLLAPI as mentioned previously.

I still have problems with being forced to restart the computer every time I run Studio to access the terminal session. Are there any processes I need to kill that blocks the connection after using Terminal Wizard?

Hi @manderss

In the connect session wizard properties show the property window please

Thanks
Ashwin S

1 Like

Hi @manderss,

Please check this:

It solved similar issue long back. Give it a try.

2 Likes

Will do.

These are the properties from configure connection.

Making some progress, went back to using Personal Communication instead of DHLLAPI, I can get in with Studio! Now I only need to find a way for the robot to type credentials into the login window that opens up from the client emulator. The window closes when the connection times out, but it also blocks the connections so I’m in a real catch 22 here.

I can do stuff in the terminal if I manually enter credentials before timeout, but I can’t get the robot to enter credentials before the timeout.

I finally solved it! By using IBM Personal Communications and saving the .cae and .WS files in the install directory of the emulator I was finally able to use UiPath Terminal Wizard!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.