UiPath "Send Email" activity is bugged

Hi all,

My automation sends emails via the UseOutlook365 container and the SendEmail activity (not the SendOutlookMailMessage activity). I’m wanting to attach multiple files to the email I send. I’ve been trying to implement this by having all of the files stored in a folder, then setting the activity’s “Attachment” property to “Folder.”
AttachFolder

When I set this property and run the workflow, it works just fine! However, when I save the workflow, then reopen it, the “Attachment” property resets to “Files”.

This happens independently of the value I set in the property’s field. I understand that I can accomplish this goal by using SendOutlookMailMessage, but (for reasons specific to the project) it would be ideal if I didn’t have to.

Thanks!
Caleb

Thanks for the response! If I’m understanding you right, that would send a separate email for each attachment, which isn’t an option in our specific use case.

Disappointing that an activity as common as sending an email through O365 would have a bug like this.

Hey Caleb,

Thank you for raising this up. I’ve raised an issue, and we will fix this by the next release.

For some additional info that would help us solve it faster.

1. What Mail package are you using?
  2. In what scenario a separate email is sent for each attachment?

I’m understanding you right, that would send a separate email for each attachment, which isn’t an option in our specific use case.Blockquote

Hi @calebtatkins

I have faced the same issue, it was showing that we selected the files in the attachment in the activity when we close and open the Studio. But its working fine no issues.

Hope it helps!!

Hi Alexandru,

Thanks for getting in touch! Please find the answer to your questions below:

1. The only dependencies on the project are UiPath.Mail.Activities and UiPath.System.Activities.

2. I was replying to another response to this thread that seems to have disappeared(?) The user suggested that I use the SendO365Email activity inside of a For Loop, connecting one attachment to each separate email. This isn’t an option in our case – we need one email with all of the attachments on it.

Cheers,
Caleb