UiPath Multi Node Orchestrator

Hi,

I am trying to setup Multi Tenant Orchestrator in AWS, and I came across the Installation steps. Where it is mentioned that we need to get a seperate license from Uipath for MultiNode.
Can anyone guide me about the licenses for muti Node Orchestrator
Is it possible to do a Multi Node trial with Uipath community Licenses?

Thanks.

1 Like

where u got that u need multinode license ? I never heard it before.

Multi-node I believe is referring to clustering for high-availability which is separate from tenants.

I would suggest reaching out to the sales teams to discuss the licensing specifics.

UiPath - High-Availability Add-On for Orchestrator High-Availability Add-On license The license provides access to redundancy and stability for multi-node Orchestrator deployment. Each cluster has three nodes and it requires a separate license.

UiPath - Orchestrator - Basic Maximum 5 Robot licenses (Attended Robot and/or Unattended Robot), plus a maximum of 5 Studio licenses Orchestrator Basic is a variation of Orchestrator Standard, with the same technical functionalities but limited to be used by a single tenant in a Production environment.

|UiPath - Orchestrator - Standard|Orchestrator Standard license|The license grants you access to a single Orchestrator instance where you can have unlimited number of tenants.

A tenant is a separate logical environments which includes users, Attended Robots and/or Unattended Robots, processes and data. Learn more about tenants.

https://licensing.uipath.com/

2 Likes

Hi,

I’d like to raise one question regarding multi-node VS high-availability deployments.

If the platform works fine with multi-node (at least two orchestrators and the SQL Server DB for sync), what’s the advantage or added value of using HAA considering the extra cost in infra required for the cluster?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

I was doing some research and I’m not sure if SQL Server for syncing is supported anymore or not (Documentation that I found is for 2019 and earlier, but I can’t seem to find updated documentation for 2020). Maybe one of our other @Community_Moderators has more familiarity.

The primary benefit that I can think of is the HAA or another RESP solution like Redis is that it is in-memory database rather than a disk storage based which would be slower.

I can’t speak to this but there is some older documentation that indicates that are ‘some’ features of multi-node setup that depends on Reddis.

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v2018.1/docs/cluster-installation
It is strongly recommended to use Redis to store the session because there are several components dependant on it such as notifications, cache permissions and settings, and the NuGet cache.

Which additional costs are you referring to? The licensing of the officially supported HAA (which provides Redis Enterprise) or the general additional infrastructure that is needed to provide resilience in your HA or DR.

• Additional Orchestrator Nodes
  • 1 (Simple) or >=3 (High-Available) HAA/RESP nodes
  • Load-balancer

Hi,

thanks @codemonkee for your answers. Let me add some feed.

I already checked the link you provided in the old versions and I know that the besides the in-memory DB speed, indeed this is better than the provided by the one with disk storage, I cannot see any additional value regarding the robustness of the RPA platform. Of course notifications and some other alerts will be slower than with HAA but regarding the availability of the platform, what’s the added value?

Talking about costs, we will have the same number or orchestrator nodes, load balancer and DB but for HAA we add a cluster with at least 3 nodes with related license. With only SQL Server it seems that it can be provided a stable platforma also with high-availability.

That’s the point of my question. I need to see if it’s really needed the additional HW & HAA nodes to really provide it.

Regards.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Multi-node Orchestrator / HAA Licensing

Hi PeteG,

It is a too late reply, however I hope this would help you in understanding things better.

The HAA requirement is something required where you are running some real time or critical bots for example that runs 24/7 or every few mins etc…

What happens is that in case if the server shutdowns suddenly due to a power surg or any other issues then the session that was in motion on one server will continue seamlessly using another available server this provides an uninterrupted run time.

In most of the case HAA is not required, however it is good to have when you’re implementing high risk or critical automations or even where you have DRs.

Hope this would give better picture of the HAA.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.