UiPath library unknown expressions namespaces

Hello everyone,

In one of my project I am using few UiPath libraries (called ARL’s) - all created by me. Those libraries are dependencies for this project.

Now when I am working with project that is using those libraries and changing datatype of variable/argument using ‘Browse and Select a .Net Type’ window as you can see below there are lot of strange namespaces expressions.

Now when I expand one of them on the lowest level there is name of activity it is referring to.
image image

I made some research and found that in generated nuget package of this UiPath library there are dll’s with the same names:

My question is - what are those entries responsible for? Are they needed - can I somehow get rid of them? I am doing something wrong when generating library package?

Hello @Ryba

If you want to remove the namespaces you can do as mentioned in the below doc. Also hope you have followed the same steps for creating the custom library as in the second doc.

Hi, @Rahul_Unnikrishnan

Thanks for reply. Those namespaces should be removed in project level or Library level? Those strange namespaces are in the package of library so I should rather search there - but I cannot find any of them:
Before publishing any library package I always used ‘remove unused imports’ in order to minimize package weight. As you can see in above screenshot for activity ‘DictionaryFilterKeys’ there are no strange imports available. Nevertheless it generates this namespace in library package:

I have just used ‘remove unused imports’ for one of my ARL library and nuget package that was generated still have those namespaces/dlls. On the left side v1.0.0 of the library and on the right v 1.0.1 - with cleared all unused imports.

@Ryba

You can take a backup and try to remove it from the library level. Then the same will get reflect in the project also.

Also can you try to create a new project and try to add any one library and check , whether the namespaces are getting added or not.

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan
I created new dummy project added ARL library I have just published (with cleared imports) - v 1.0.2
Checked the same and below you can see that for example ‘DictionaryFilterKeys’ activity results with two namespaces (visible in project level - ARL library is dependency of this project). I am not sure why second one (with Expression in name) is there.

You mentioned that I can check it and remove it from library level. Problem is that there are no additional imports apart from those standard ones - on the ARL library level. All clear…

I have no idea why those Expressions namespaces are being generated. I even tried on the library level to create new activity sequence with the same name ‘DictionaryFilterKeys’ that replaces “old” one - I copied all activities from old one to new one. Still this does not helps - after publishing library package version - this activity has its expression namespaces generated.

Studio libraries are compiled artefacts and are the result of compilation of xamls and expressions. The output is a nupkg containing all the resulting dlls.

What is the issue you are trying to solve? You should not worry about the generated content.

Hello @alexandru , thanks for replying. My question is - what are those “Expressions” entries responsible for exactly? Are they needed, what happens if I remove them?

When working on a project that is using this libraries as dependencies it can be quite confusing when developer is trying to assign variable type and see this long list: