UiPath Forum feedback round! 💬

After completing training on uipath from an institute,I thought of trying to start a job as an rpa developer.I thought this mentorship programme can help.But i shared my resume to my mentor.He told me he would share and help me.Nothing happened after that. I tried a lot myself and got passed one or two tests by some companies.They rejected me finally since i am a fresher in rpa field.What I learnt is If you don’t have your source in industry then there is no opportunity for fresher in UIPath RPA. Sad to say I am thinking to stop following uipath and rpa even though i had a keen interest in this tech.

2 Likes

Hey @ADARSH_M

Extreme apologies from the community for your bad experience.

But don’t worry. We are here to help you in the best way.

I have already pinged you on the mentoring platform, Kindly acknowledge. We can start planning things for you to grow in the RPA space.

If you still haven’t received the message, please drop me your PushFar username.

Looking forward to connecting and help you in all possible ways.

Thanks
Nithin

4 Likes

Hi,Maciej,
I think there are a lot of questions on the forum and some of them haven’t been addressed.
On the other hand, even if the questioner is provided with a solution, I think that there are some cases where the mark is inserted and the process is terminated as it is.

When the contents of the solution can be agreed with each other, it would be nice if the rule of “check the solution mark” is easy to understand.
Are there any items that are easy for beginners to fill out?

2 Likes

The forum is very useful and the community great but I experienced at the beginning that difficult/complex and/or infrastructure questions remained frequently unsolved.

The feature I most miss is the one similar to the MS software. A transparent way to see which features you are working on or a page where users can add and vote on future features.

Further, a nice idea would be a hackathon with the user’s here to improve the UiPath products.

1 Like

@loginerror

1. More community driven events, from the community for the community, this will be a fun way to learn about new features of UiPath. This will boost the idea of understanding the actual product as a whole and not just for the implementation point of view.

2. Keeping it clean : User forget to close the thread by marking a suitable response as Solution. May be a compulsion on closing the overdue pending posts before positing new one or an alert while user login in or visits the forum.

1 Like

IMO the most important thing is to find a way how others could mark a post as a solution if the OP doesn’t do it.

Maybe a button where you can request for a post to be marked as a solution and if the OP doesn’t decline for 2 weeks it get’s automatically marked.

Edit:
Take a look at this: Copy Row from one DataTable to another - #12 by Florent_Salendres

One of the top threads ever in this forum based on views and replies, the correct answer has 40 likes and yet it’s not marked as a solution.
Go through the top posts of all time and you’ll find plenty of examples like this.

5 Likes

Hi

I think we need an option to create solution approaches for each post. Most of the time we will be having different solution approaches for single problem (Simple Example: word extraction problem can have Regex, Split, SubString etc methods) and we all continue to solve problem in single thread.

So according to me, it makes easier to track & read solutions if we have option to create solution approaches

1 Like

Hi @loginerror …

It would be good to add “UiPath version # used” in the category while creating the post. Lot of times, I have seen people coming back and said they are using 2019.X.X or 2020.X.X and they don’t have this option available. So we have to go back and tweak the solution again based on the version.

9 Likes

Dears,

Just want to add that not only UiPath Version Used but Even Studio Type : Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, Pro Edition, because Some features exists in one Type and not in others even when having latest version, Example : Mobile Automation is not available in Enterprise Edition. Thanks

2 Likes

My question are not resolved well - I can read a lot and learn from other users mistakes but when I post something I won’t get a solution or help fast enough. I wish more professionals could coordinate cases in the community better for solution. For those who are new with UiPath.

2 Likes

You always have the UiPath support if you need help fast (if you’re an enterprise customer).
If you’re not an enterprise customer you cannot expect quick help, this is a community forum after all.

1 Like

Browser favicon: still in blue
It’s pretty common i have over 30+ tabs open in several browser windows and the favicon is the first thing i look at if i nagivate between tabs.

The UiPath logo has changed to orange, but the forum (and docs) favicon is still in blue. Might change that to Orange too?
Or use different colors regarding the product?
chrome_aSoBkEZj3K

Forumposts: date(year) missing.
I sometimes scroll through older posts. I can see the month-day of a post or response, but not the year. This just really
annoys me, because sometimes the post can simply be to old. If the post is from 2016 and related to studio, i most of the time ignore it, due to the many changes
in UiPath studio since then.

Forumposts: members only tag
On other forums there are ways to hide your post-content for the search engines. It won’t hide the text from the forum itself, but only forummembers can see it.
They can be used like [members] [/members] tags
Some things you can share on a public forum, but is not needed for search-engines to gather that information.

Rating UiPath:
example post:

Why do you only payout in Visa Gift Cards?. I don’t have a CC and don’t need it and i think more users don’t. Why not add extra payout options like paypal?

Report function: notifying forum moderator
I have never used the “flag / report” function, so maybe that’s where it’s already for.
Some users indeed are posting sensitive information which should NOT be present on a public forum. The only thing we as users can do is warn/tell them to remove it ASAP. It would be nice to “report” it to a forum moderator so he/she can remove the image or text which contains the sensitive information and inform the user about it. The quicker the better.

Moderator board
Im not a moderator but is there a board to discuss things between moderators?

Bookmark button location: At top of the page
I sometimes have posts i want to read later, but when i want to bookmark it i have to scroll all the way down. It would be nice to have the “bookmark” button also at the top of the post.
chrome_km7MsySSsn

A bit offtopic:
UiPath Orchestrator / Testing
BIt offtopic, not really a forum feature request.
I used to play a with the Insider program to test out new software or test upgrades or coming releases. The only thing i don’t like is that the software can only be tested within 60 days.
I sometimes don’t have time to test it within this period. It would be nice to let community testers extend the trial period of orchestrator. Limitations are ok.
For example. I also manage several streaming servers and we have developer licenses for testing and development. They are free. We can use that for a period of 180 days with limitations of course. After that we can extend the trial without having to reinstall the software.

RPA Testing tools
To play with UiPath it can be usefull to use testing tools for that. Maybe a separate page or post where users can get information / downloadlinks for that? For example:

• http://www.rpachallenge.com/
  • https://uibank.uipath.com/ (i know there was an exe file before, but i can’t find that one anymore
  • UiDemo (most of the time you can download it from an UiPath Course).
  • ExpenseIT.
  • Fake ID, QRCode, bankaccount generators
  • Fakename generators (can also be usefull to let users train with RPA to create profiles).

@ADARSH_M
This response is a bit offtopic:
Learning is one thing. Try to make RPA projects on your own. Share them on YT, Github or other platform. You can use that also as a reference for future employers. Keep practicing and learning.
As a freshman it is always hard to get into a job. This doesn’t only count for RPA. I can study for network engineer, but i still would have to prove myself. How can i show/do that?

• Build my own homelab with router, VLAN’s, switch configurations. Practice your theory.
  • Build your own RPA projects (ask friends, family) to see what you might can do for them. Maybe you can build an Attended bot for them? UiPath is free to use, so that shouldn’t stop you from creating projects. I have several projects running for family members.
    Don’t let others stop you from reaching your goal. As with RPA, there are several ways to reach your goal!.
1 Like

Hi @loginerror

People are posting questions in their own languages like korean, japanese,…

It would be better if we are able to add feature “see translation” which translates to English and vice versa,and this cool feature is already available in Instagram.

Thanks
Sai Krishna

2 Likes

Hi,

Why do we keep “New Topic” button only on dashboard. If I am referring some topics which has been posted by someone. but I am not getting the answer. Then for raising question i have to navigate to dashboard and need to click new topic option. Why can’t you keep in other pages.

Thanks,
Stalin

I don’t like this suggestion at all.

A lot of people, me included find the right forums post via search engines like google. It’s way easier to search for a problem on google since you might find your answer on this forum, stackoverflow or somewhere else. With your suggestion it would be harder to find this forum.

I’m not sure if you should be sharing things on a public forum that you don’t want search engines to find.

You would be surprised what people post on forums about customer info or user credentials.

I didn’t mean to completely hide the post, but only parts of it (images only). (only visable if you are a registered user on the uipath forum). This way the search engines can still index the text in the post, but not the image. Maybe that explains it better.

The other method would be what jeevith said. To warn people when they upload an image (is the content secure or not). I think that would be the best method. Everyone is still responsible for what they post online.

1 Like

Hi @loginerror !

Thank you for this opportunity :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

→ I would say, an interesting feature would be to dismiss the resolved or closed topics in the “New” page:

There is the button dismiss New, but not dismiss closed/resolved topics.

→ Also, it would be interesting to have another column in the “New” page, to know if the member that posted the topic is a new one in the forum or not.

→ Also by default, when answering to a new member, having a common starting sentence like "Welcome to UiPath Community ! " then we write what we want.

→ For the community ideas, it would be great to have an annual event for community members. It would be several challenges that show creativity or speed. It would be accessible for all levels and seniority, something like the UiPath Olympics. We would have different games around UiPath ecosystem, and the quicker player or the one that would have more interaction would win.
Example:

Speed section

• maze
  • 7 differences
  • crossword
  • pairs game
  • hangman
  • other games that I don’t know about, played around the world

Creativity around UiPath ecosystem “UiPath community has talents !”:

• photograph (find my robot, or guess in which country my bot is, …) or with a thema (ex: sport & UiPath, nature & UiPath, etc)
  • other (painting, sculpture, song, tiktok, …)

Other idea

• what about creating a game ? Like mastermind but with UiPath mascot :grin:
3 Likes

Aside from that, I believe the post author should not be able to mark his own replies as a “solution”.

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. Please keep it coming, we’re always hungry for more :slight_smile:

We wanted to address a few points. To make it more orderly, let’s start with the topic of solutions to the topics (one of the two most apparent themes from this thread).

We have noticed that many of the requested functionalities are already available. We decided to create some training videos to help our users out in properly utilizing all the tools that our Forum has to offer.

Solutions

To start, we have created a quick video tutorial on how to mark a topic with a solution, it is now part of our Forum FAQs:

There were several remarks about making sure that our users mark the topics as solutions and we hope that this topic answers most of them.

Flagging system

We have also created a quick video tutorial on how to flag problematic content via our Forum flagging system. It is now also part of our Forum FAQs:

The flagging system and its “Something Else” flag option should be to go-to way of notifying Forum Staff about the potential solutions to topics that are not closed and clearly contain a solution in one of the posts.