UiPath Excel Sheet Fields getting blank

I am having an excel.
Say it has columns A,B,C,D and E.
I have to update the columns in each transaction in the excel itself since it is having hyperlink.
Now the situation.
Suppose A,B,C column values are there for row 0 and if I update D and E column value for row 0 the values of A,B,C is getting blank.
Please assist.

Hi @Ritaman_Baral ,

You can use write cell and provide exact range (D2, 1st row for D column and so on).
In your case, the entire row is getting override.

Thanks…Let me try it

Hi @Ritaman_Baral ,
Thanks for reaching out to UiPath community.
Here is the solution which you can try for obtaining the desired result.

1. Read the Excel File: Use the “Read Range” activity to read the Excel file into a DataTable. Make sure you store this DataTable in a variable (let’s call it dtExcel).
  2. Iterate Through the DataTable: Use a “For Each Row” activity to loop through each row in the dtExcel DataTable.
  3. Update Columns D and E: Within the loop, update the values in columns D and E for each row as needed.
    (IN step 3, use Assign activity for row(“D”) = “New Value for Column D”
    row(“E”) = “New Value for Column E”)
    4.Update Columns A, B, and C:
    If you want to preserve the values in columns A, B, and C, you should also make sure to update these columns for each row within the loop, even if you’re not changing their values.
    And finally,
    Write the DataTable Back to the Excel File: After you’ve made all the necessary updates, use the “Write Range” activity to write the dtExcel DataTable back to the same Excel file.

Happy Automation.

Thanks,
@pratik.maskar

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.