UiPath Community 2021.8 Preview Release

Finally a way to install robots. When will this arrive in stable so I can update my courses?

5 Likes

In the 21.10 October release.

2 Likes

Love it, plus all the Monthly updates are looking great. The Studio and Studio Pro merge was a much needed simplification.

3 Likes

Great and excellent changes. Good to know that some problems with the mails have been corrected.

On the other hand, I don’t see the usability or applicability of the Nested Use-app cards. To my way of thinking, it is a bad development practice. Good to know that you can choose which window the action is pointing to, but in the first place, the action should be only within the Use-app cards that has the view where it is located.

I think this is better

Use Browser "View 1"
    Click "Open View 2"
Use Browser "View 2"
    Click "Close View 2"

Instead of

Use Browser "View 1"
    Click "Open View 2"
    Use Browser "View 2"
        Click "Close View 2"

And all the N-depth that could be reached.

Isn’t it supposed to be in preview right now? All I see on Orchestrator > Resources > Preview is 21.6.0-beta.4514

1 Like

Where is this installer available NOW? I can’t find it anywhere. Preview section still has 2021.6 which behaves the same as previous installers.

Our team is working on updating the Resource Center in Automation Cloud with the new URL. meanwhile, you can download the 21.8 installer from here: https://download.uipath.com/beta/UiPathStudio.msi

1 Like

We are proud to announce that with this community release you can now run our UiPath Robot on Linux. Please check the topic below for more information on how to use it by yourself: Unlock Linux automation with 21.8 Robot!

4 Likes

For that specific case, yes the first one is probably a bit cleaner. But how about when you have a lot of back & forth between 2 apps, like this?

Use Browser "View 1"
    Click "Open View 2"
Use Browser "View 2"
    Click "Close View 2"
Use Browser "View 1"
    Click "Open View 3"
Use Browser "View 2"
    Click "Open View 4"

That’s a lot of superfluous UseBrowsers. With this update you can just do:

Use Browser "View 1"
  Use Browser "View 2"
     Click "Open View 2"  on Browser 1
     Click "Close View 2" on Browser 2
     Click "Open View 3"  on Browser 1
     Click "Open View 4"  on Browser 2

Also, this update doesn’t limit you to one way of doing it, basically all the options listed here work fine, it’s more a matter of preference/usecase how you structure your workflow.

Thanks. I just tried to use that BETA installer for the first time, along with the brand new “Robot Account” feature in Orchestrator (instead of adding a normal “User”)… and despite being set up exactly like how I used to do it with a normal user… the unattended job is stuck as “Pending”, plus the new robot auto-update feature tried to run on that bot machine and failed.

Who can help me with this?

Hi @octechnologist

Could you maybe share a screenshot of the machines that are associated with the folder from which you want to run the process?

Also, could you specify what kind of errors did you get in relation to the auto-update? Have you tried running the 21.8 MSI installer over an already installed community edition?

Good day.

It seems like the Excel Activities are removed when one upgrades the UiPath.Excel.Activities package in order to view the Excel Process Scope.

Hi @dacostri

Could you double check the Activities panel filters?

1 Like

Ah. Thank you Maciej… I’ve never looked at the filter :blush:

It looked like the topic was outside of Studio X. Could you please explain how unifying Studio and Studio X is beneficial?

I had used 2 uninstallers to remove both UiPath and the UiPath platform installer prior to trying out this new beta unattended robot installer.

Through the insider program, I was able to communicate the fact that the remote updater agent appeared in my task tray when installed in service mode, and that isn’t supposed to happen. The remote installer team has created a new defect report about that.

The remote update attempt failed 3X, then seems to have worked a 4th time.

A few days later, I tried running an unattended job again, and it worked, so for now this isn’t a showstopper for me.

1 Like

This is epic for a monthly update :star_struck:

I’m pumped about these ones in particular:

Type Into - Automatically set the correct input method - Less time tinkering and more time automating!

Document Understanding - custom hotkeys to bring rythm to my flows in the validation station.

Edit Table Extraction - A dream come true! With great tables come great extractions :wink:

Mouse Scroll - because sometimes we have to scrape from an endless page

@loginerror I think it would be amazing if Mouse Scroll was added as an option to the Table Extraction wizard, because the “next page” button is seeing the end of its days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

@loginerror

I am not able to find the option, could you help me with this

• Ability to Copy Repository URL from Project Panel when the current project is stored under source control;

Regards,
Srenivasan Kannan

Hi @SrenivasanKanna

You can right click your project name in the Project panel (the one with all dependencies and your xamls) and there will be an option at the bottom to “Copy Repository URL”.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: