How to fix the problem while launching the Robot tray in 20.4.x version or greater if the user gets an error "Communication with the Robot Service fails. Please try to restart the service."?
Issue Description: While browsing the UiPath Assistant, an error "Communication with the Robot Service fails. Please try to restart the service." might appear.
- The issue is observed when the UIPATH_USER_SERVICE_PATH variable gets auto created in both User and System environment variable section.
- Delete UIPATH_USER_SERVICE_PATH variable from the User environment variable section and quit and re-launch the Robot tray or UiPath Assistant.
- Also, verify if there are two different versions or different setups (User and Service mode) of UiPath Studio/Robot installed in the same machine. If yes, please uninstall and perform a clean installation.
- Restart the Robot service by following the below steps:
- Go to Windows start menu and type services.msc
- In the Services window, search exactly for UiPath Robot and select it
- Right click and choose Restart option.