TypeData in Read & Write Cell Activity

Hello everybody!
I need to read a cell with a Type data Int ,then i created a variable with int32 type data, I can read good the cell, and then when I want to use Write Cell activity , in value of Property panel,
show me an error, tell me that no allow convert Int to String.
for example, in a excel sheet I read a cell C3 and then I write in a cell E5 the same value.
How can I solve this ?
anybody can help me ?
I hope answers.
Regards!

@silvina

1. Read Cell activity will give output as string but not interger. If you want to convert it to interger then you can try below one.

Cint(getCellValue)

1. And also write cell activity will accept input as String but not integer.

Note: you can directly read value from cell and write into another cell. No need to convert it into integer.

1 Like

Hi @silvina

Write cell usually accepts a string as its input as I remember. To what you can do is, you can convert your value to a string when writing in to the cell. You can do it by

YourIntVarisble.ToString

Use this in the write cell activity and ot will be fine…

Let me know how it goes…

1 Like

Hi @Lahiru,
I need read a cell with a int value, for example : in the cell C3 there is 25000, and then that value write in the cell E5,

but when I run , show me the next error :

Source: Read Cell

how can solve this ?

Hi @lakshman ,
I need read a cell with a int value, for example : in the cell C3 there is 25000, and then that value write in the cell E5,

but when I run , show me the next error :

Source: Read Cell

how can solve this ?

@silvina

Refer to this post as this is something similar to what you are getting…

This will help…

hi @Lahiru.Fernando ,
Thanks , your solution works for me !

1 Like

Hi @silvina

Glad to know I was able to help… please also mark the appropriate answer as the solution too… :slight_smile:

Thank you!!

Happy automating!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.