Tutorials for StudioX are not suited for Trial Version

I am a new StudioX user (current on the trial version)… attempting to work my way through the tutorials. The second tutorial calls for me to Extract table data and add it to an Excel worksheet, then “format” the worksheet data. However, the action type “Format Range” is not available in my list.

This is frustrating for me as I am trying to experience what this product has to offer… and I am stuck. I do not want to waste my time with other tutorials if they too include roadblocks.

How do I proceed from here? Please advise.
Jason Peterson

Name had been changed in latest builds. It’s called Format Cells

In my trial version… the Formal Cells activity is also not available.

See the image of the trial version I am using… Is there maybe something wrong with this version?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hello Jay, can you please show us the package version that your project is using ? Click on manage packages and do a print screen. The issue is that depending on what you selected during the installation process you might get more frequent or less frequent updates. Some of this updates will be breaking changes or some will be bug fixes or activity name changes.

For example if you are using :

then the activity would be named format range. if you would be using the latest beta packages the naming would be different ( I know confusing , but the name change came as a suggestion from one of our 3’rd party usability tests :wink: )

I would recommend that for future you spend a bit of time exploring the different activities that are under each category because regardless how they are named the descriptions stay the same :slight_smile:

Regards,
Dragos.

Here are the packages I currently have. I did install two based on feedback from others on the forum, but they did not provide the Format Range / Format Cells actions.

Can you please check the Include prerelease checkbox and update the Excel activities package :smiley: the 2.7.2 was published 11/8/2019 3:03:09 PM and I don’t think that the format range / cells was included in that release :slight_smile:

Regards,
Dragos.

By checking this, does it change what I have available?
I still do not see “Format” anything in my list of activities/actions.

click on the blue arrow to update the packages.
19.10.4 of studiox is the first version, preivew, that had been improved and changed a lot since now, 20.4

Cannot seem to get past this issue. Trying to update, and I get an error.
19.10.4+Branch.support-v2019.10.Sha.fe819a658cad0585a64d2f8af94fad5c30b8d122

Method ‘GetActivityArguments’ in type ‘UiPath.Mail.Activities.Design.CommonScenarios.MailForeachContext’ from assembly ‘UiPath.Mail.Activities.Design, Version=1.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ does not have an implementation.

Error: System.TypeLoadException: Method ‘GetActivityArguments’ in type ‘UiPath.Mail.Activities.Design.CommonScenarios.MailForeachContext’ from assembly ‘UiPath.Mail.Activities.Design, Version=1.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ does not have an implementation.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.Design.Services.BusinessPackageDescriptor.get_ContextDefinitions()
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.ExpressionService.LoadProviders(IAssemblyContainer assemblyContainer)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.SecondDomainLoaderService.LoadFromContainerAsync(IAssemblyContainer assemblyContainer)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.Interfaces.ISecondDomainLoaderService.LoadFromContainerAsync(IAssemblyContainer assemblyContainer)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.Proxies.SecondDomainLoaderServiceProxy.LoadFromContainerAsync(IAssemblyContainer assemblyContainer)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.Services.ProjectLoaderService.<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.Services.ProjectLoaderService.d__29.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Shared.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.d__57.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.d__35.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationWithReload.d__8.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationWithReload.d__8.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationWithReload.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Services.DispatcherService.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Services.DispatcherService.d__14.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationWithReload.d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationUpdate.d__3.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProjectContextService.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shared.Utilities.WindowCommandsExtensions.d__4`1.MoveNext()
at UiPath.PackageExplorer.UI.ViewModels.PackageExplorerViewModel.d__155.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233054

Hmmm how did you encountered this one … after you updated the packages ?

This error occurs when I try to update the following package for prerelease.

I uploaded the others separately. The Mail one is causing the error.

I can see the Format Cells action now. :slight_smile:

Glad the excel worked. Although what I’m about to say sounds creepy if I were you I would try and recreate the workflow using some of the latest packages. Some of the StudioX specific activities are found in the latest versions and I don’t know what my colleagues from the Academy have prepared for week 2 and so on but I’m willing to bet that they will cover the new activities .

Dragos.

Btw I just noticed … you are using 19.10.4 ( just noticed) … which is a no go for the tutorials :slight_smile: I would recommend a VM with the latest 20.4 build :slight_smile:

please upgrade to 20.4 as some of the activities do not work with 19.10.4 and upgrading only the packages could result in some errors because of the breaking changes since then

okay. Seems the upgrades I made were reversed when I restart UIPath application.
How do I upgrade the version of the software (from 19.10.4 to 20.4)?

https://www.uipath.com/start-trial
Once you register you can download the latest 20.4 build from the resourceCenter section of the page.

I am already registered… using the Trial. Is there a direct link to the resourceCenter?
Why do I need to re-register? Then I will have two trial licenses.

You will not need to re-register, just uninstall the enterprise edition and download and install the community edition .

Regards,
Dragos.