Try and Catch doesn't work as expected?

Hello,

I use switch activity and inside it a try and catch to invoke a workflow file and catch any exception if occurs. However try and catch won’t catch the exception. Run main.xaml to see for yourself.

test_tryandcatch.zip (3.5 KB)

Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with my approach? Or whether this is intended?

@Benoni

May I know what exceptions did you defined in Catch block ?

And also What error are you getting here ? Could you please tell more details about the issue for better understanding.

@lakshman

Sure, i get selector exception(“RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException”) because uipath can’t find the browser to attach. I use a system.exception in try&catch to cover all kinds of exceptions yet it doesn’t catch it.

The zip file actually contains a 1:1 reproduction, can you please look into it? It should log “exception caught” but it doesn’t.

@Benoni

Everything looks correct only and Catch block should catch that exception.

Could you please run the workflow in debug mode and check it once.

1 Like

@Benoni - It is working fine for me. Use Run File rather than directly click on the Debug.

1 Like

Aha, got it. Thanks @anmolk171. It works as expected, in debug mode it stops before executing the catch i guess.

1 Like

@Benoni - In debug mode it will stop the execution right away once the exception will hit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.