Trigger for Bot to Execute

Hi,

I want to create a trigger for Gsuite drop folder…

I assume we could do it using the Webhook? but am not sure how to trigger the bot… If any one has created any trigger to control the orchestrate… Please help :slight_smile:

Can any one please help on this :frowning:

@Lahiru.Fernando

1 Like

Hi @Shubham_Varshney

Based on what we you want to create the trigger? Any specific action that you are looking for to activate the robot to drop a particular folder in google drive?

I want to activate the process i.e. robot and work on that depending on the files added to the drop folder!!!

HI @Shubham_Varshney

Once you process the files, what happens to the files in the drop folder? do you remove the processed files from there?

@Lahiru.Fernando
I move it to a new folder!!!

I have a watcher bot which run every 30 minutes, but I need something that could trigger the bot right when we add a new file to the drop location

@Shubham_Varshney

I don’t think there is a trigger option to trigger a robot based on a particular event. I haven’t read or heard about such. However, I have heard about a monitoring robot which keeps an eye on a particular event time to time. Once it identifies a particular state, the monitoring bot will trigger another process to be executed. I have such monitoring bots looking over a specific event at a scheduled time and triggers another process.

I think you are on the correct path for this. You already have a watch guy checking every 30 minutes for new files in the folder. I recommend to schedule it to run every 5 minutes or 10 mins to reduce the waiting time. So your watch robot will check whether the folder has new files and if yes, it will trigger the next set of activities, if not, it will exit until the next scheduled run in couple of minutes.

I think this is the best way for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

My query, I have the watcher bot that add queues in the orchestrator!!! And another process that fetches from the orchestrator queue!!! Is there a way I can trigger one robot from another on particular data queue population!!!

@Shubham_Varshney

Yeah. You can do that… There are different ways which can be used. I will list 3 here…

1 appraoch
Let the watch robot to do the queue population. Schedule the another robot to run every 5 or 10 minutes (depending on how much time it takes to process one full queue) and to check whether there are new items in the queue, If new items available, continue processing of each item

2 approach
Let the watch robot to watch and populate the queue as usual. As soon as the queue is populated, use the start job activity to start the next process from the watch robot process. Then let the watch robot process to end and the other process will automatically start based on the run command it got from the watch robot.

3 approach
Have a controller workflow to control both watch and the performing robot. Controller will trigger the watch robot to populate the queue. Once the execution is over, the controller will then execute the performing process… This is also achieved through start job activity…

2 Likes

Can you please pass me demo xaml for all and is there a way I can do this in trigger from orchestrator

@Shubham_Varshney

You can check this out :slight_smile:
https://go.uipath.com/component/central-controller-template-for-sequencial-jobs

2 Likes

Let me go thorough the go component, and get back to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

But don’t you agree, this all could be avoided if I have something to trigger from the Webhook or trigger point that could be linked from Orchestrator!!!

1 Like

I do agree… what I’m not sure is whether there is a way to trigger a bot to execute a process outside the orchestrator. I couldn’t really find any resource on it. All the things I found was on one of those approaches I shared… :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are a couple of ways you could address this:

1. Just schedule the Robot/Job to basically run continually. The RPA would include a Monitor Activity with a File Change (Watcher) Activity within it. When a File is dropped (created/changed) then it will activate the Trigger Event.
  2. Create a Console Application (Visual Studio) that is a File Watcher based Application, when a file is dropped (created or changed) then it can make a Service API call into Orchestrator triggering Job Start. Then Console App can be started each day via Windows Task Manager.

hi @rstaylor62

Can you help me out with the option 2…
I am a bit not sure how this could be done…

Sorry, I would not be able to at this time…just too busy at work.

Hello Shubham,
IN this movie I show how I start UiPath Robot from Google Script and this can help you:

Thanks,
Cristian Negulescu

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.