Transfer data from multiple word document to excel

Hello guys again,
Below here is an example of a job application form. There are a lot of these in a folder, and the format would stay the same. I would only want to extract the Name, Mobile Number, School, Highest Certification, Email Address, Home Address & the Position Applied and place all the data into an excel file. Is there a way to do this as I did try to do it but it is not working for me. I have put up the excel file where i would like to put the data in. Also i apologize as i could not upload the word file here.

Job Application Form
Interviewers for Today.xlsx (8.2 KB)

1 Like

How do you receive these, PDF / Word / Image?

That will depend on how we can help you :slight_smile:

Hi there,
This is just a school project where I am working on. I searched google for the template, deleted some of the content that I do not need. Below here is the link for word document.

Also i have a lot of these files. All of them has the same format as the picture on my post.

If the file is in PDF format you can use OCR Activities to get the particular text and write it into excel file by first building the data table and then using Write Range activity.

Thanks
@purpleBora94

Ok so is there a way to place the data to Excel File by using Word document instead of PDF file? If not i’ll try out using PDF file instead.

First step is to build a datatable with all the information you want

Second step is to extract data from either word or pdf document into your datatable
(To do this you can use OCR Activities as @hasib08 has mentioned or string manipulation if extracting the whole file)

Final step is to write that datatable into your excel spreadsheet.

Hi, i need help to extract multiple word document or pdf document with similar format into excel spreadsheet.

Similar to the question ask previously.

I have multiple resume. I want to extract all this word or pdf file and put it into excel spreadsheet. Excel spreadsheet will have column of name, age, education level, work experience etc.

can you help me? The previous forum only stop half way. Thanks.

i can build a data table. but how to extract only information such as name, age, address, work experience?

should I use generate data table from text? and keystroke to find name?

Or,
extract text from specific UI element?

Or, please share with me your suggestion. Thank you very much.