While trying to clone an empty Git repository, error "The type initializer for 'LibGit2Sharp.Core.NativeMethods' threw an exception" is thrown.
Issue Overview: While trying to clone an empty Git repository, getting the error "The type initializer for 'LibGit2Sharp.Core.NativeMethods' threw an exception".
Root Cause: This error is thrown when a dependency library for the Github integration is missing.
Diagnosing / Resolving:
- Open “Run” and enter in “appwiz.cpl”.
- Click OK. This will open Add/Remove programs.
- Search for “Redistributable”
- Go to the following link to see our system requirements: Studio Software Requirements
- It might be required to change the version of UiPath, if the instances being troubleshooted is not the latest version.
- Check to see what version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistrubtable is required.
- Most likely “Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3” is missing. It can be installed by going to the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587
- If any other software components are missing, make sure to install them.
- If all software components are installed, please open a ticket with UiPath Support so that additional troubleshooting can be done.