The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address

Quick question I am getting this little error, it’s weird because it worked yesterday and now I get this error!

I tried passing it in as a variable but that didn’t work either!

Cheers!

hi @BjrnUitenbroek

i’m not sure about your issue apparently you’r sending the incorrect format, but… take some careful sharing your screens and projects, we can look your credentials, i mean your password and mail address.

Regards

1 Like

Ahh okay @fernando_zuluaga yeah was thinking about that thanks!

1 Like

Is the emailId you sending to in a correct format ?

2 Likes

@Shubham_Varshney I thinks so, but what exactly do you mean with EmailID?

1 Like

the receiver’s email :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Shubham_Varshney ohh yeah i tried like everything different emails checked if i didn’t make any mistakes in typing the email but it is just not working but 2 days a go it was let me test it now i tested it yesterday for the last time so!

Cheers!

1 Like

That email string can be either sender or receiver mentioned in the property panel of send smtp mail activity
Kindly use a writeline activity and mention both the sender and receiver mail in that this we can validate that value in the output panel
Followed by that use a SEND SMTP MAIL ACTIVITY with those same sender and receiver mail if

Cheers @BjrnUitenbroek

2 Likes

Hi @Palaniyappan

it is still not working i am completely out of ideas! i re made it 3 times checked the e-mail automation tutorial and still not able to fix it!

Cheers!

1 Like

Kindly recreate the same activity once by deleting the current one
Or if still facing issue
If possible can I have a view on the property panel of send smtp Mail activity with a screen shot
Cheers @BjrnUitenbroek

ofcourse @Palaniyappan

I have also run into this issue, is there a solution? I have run the same program for a week with no issues, and now I get this “The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address” messages using the Get Exchange Mail Message.
I removed it and configured it again, it ran half a day, and now I get the same message. I have made no changes to the Get Exchange Mail Message, and I have checked that the email/user/server info is correct.

1 Like

Can you please try to give in the Sender From email address in the email format instead of only “Robot” as email address?

3 Likes

hey have u got any work around for this because same thing is happened with me.
It was working perfectly fine and now suddenly it stopped.

You can give your input in this

Thanks
Rashmi Pareek

1 Like

Try entering a string in the email id format in the “From” field as well
Like here, instead of “Robot” try entering “Robot@abc.com

2 Likes

In from field give an sender email address. it worked for me…

2 Likes

Did anyone find an answer to this? I have tried deleting the tasks and recreating them. I am trying to pull the email from a query, put it into a variable and then map it to an expression of the send mail task. It was working from VS with hardcoded email list in the defaults of the values. Never got it to work when deployed to the catalog, and now it seems it has stopped working in VS. it says that the to line is malformed and not in the valid format of an email address. I am using my own email address in the to line variable so I know it is valid. I’m even confirming that that is what it is passing in the variable during a breakpoint before the email. Totally confused, and yes I have delay validation set to true.

It is in the format brent.miller@xxxxx.net.

Hey Dude,

Your issue was solved or not? if not DM me on Click
if still are you facing connect me I glad to assist you.