The operation has timed out while using 'Get Outlook Mail Messages' Activity

I have outlook installed on my machine
I have my mail account setup in Outlook
I have only 3 emails in the inbox and timeout set to 30000ms
and when I run this activity alone, I am seeing the message ‘The operation has timed out.’

I tried leaving the ‘Account’ field blank and tried filling in with my email id as well and the same error shows up in both cases.

Below is the complete error I see -
RemoteException wrapping System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.Extensions.TaskExtensions.TimeoutAfter[TResult](Task`1 task,
Int32 timeoutMs)
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.GetMailActivity.ExecuteAsync(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskCodeActivityImplementation.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskCodeActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Request your help resolving this issue. Thanks,

Hi @sriramcse31

Did you update the mail activity package recently? If yes, then downgrade it to a stable version and try.


If its a corporate laptop then there might be restrictions on access

Alternately you can check the profile is created and also try chaging mail activities as mentioned by @sangeethaneelavannan1


Hi @sriramcse31
Update the mail packages in UiPath if you use system outlook mail. You can obtain the scope of action so that you can easily use it in your mail automations.


Kaviyarasu N

Thanks, Anil, The issue is only on my corporate laptop. I have this running without issues on my personal machine.

I tried downloading the package, but still have the same issue.

Do you know what on the corporate machines should be modified to fix this. I will reach out to IT accordingly.

Thanks much

I am trying this for the first time after a long wait. I havent upgraded the package.

However the same solution is working on my personal machine.


Generally corporate outlooks will be blocking any access programmatically.

You should ask your it to grant access for that…there would be firewalls to access outlook…so ask thwm to unblock for the specific account that you would be using.

Mostly that might not be possible…atleast in our org they would not allow not sure…if your it would agree


1 Like