Take data from web page and put it in Excel form

Hi,

I would like to take datas from a web page (ex: Papa Ou maman 2 en VOD - 22 offres - AlloCiné) and put it in an excel form (for this example I need to take all the prices and put them in an excel form).

I tried with data scraping, screen scraping but it doesn’t work I don’t know why.

How can I do it?

Thank you.

data scraping should work for webpages.
Could you please attach the workflow.

I just want the robot to open the browser, search title of a movie, take all the prices and transfer the data to an excel form but I don’t really know how it works it’s for my job they asked me this but it’s difficult to understand this software…

Anyone?

I think it’s simple, I just want to scrape on a website and put these data in an excel table. But I don’t know how to do it…

Thanks in advance

Hey @Ste

I am giving you an idea to take all prices from that page rest easily can manage i guess that is like open the browser,search the title of movie.

I have observed that the information on product pages consists multiple tables so you can easily scapre a whole table by using data scraping or directly by using “ExtractMetaData Text” .

So i have just counted the available tables on the page and based on that counter by using loop extracting all tables data by extracting table metadata and then removing unwanted column as per your need. extracted others columns because just thought in case you will need those as well.

For your reference find this attached sample and let me know :slight_smile: Scrap_Sample.xaml (11.9 KB)

Regards…!!
Aksh

It doesn’t seems to work.
The thing is that I try to do something that is simple (in my mind ahah):

-I got an Excel file with title of movie
-The software take the title of the movie (write cell / read cell I understand it)
-Write the title in the website / Extract all the price and write all the prices in the excel file.

It’s like a loop but it’s difficult (because I don’t really understand this software, it’s new for me)

Thank you very much for your help :wink:

Install available packages and let me know.

Hello I want to do the opposite. I want to open like 10 account using the robot.
I want to use csv/excel to populate a web forms. How do I go about it? Kindly share an xaml file for me to follow.

Hi,
I am generating a code from a registration page. when i fill all the data in the from after that i got a popup with code. Can anyone tell that how to take that code in excel file?
Please help me as soon as possible.

Hi @Mudita123

Could you post a screenshot?

Some clues without seeing the pop-up:

• use Screen Scraping wizard (or directly Get Text activity)
  • look into the html - if the pop-up is part of the website, its values might be already in the html code of the page → you could then use Get Attribute activity to fetch it