(successful) Apply Signature to PDF

Hi everyone,

I was working on an automation which included a step where I save an Excel file as a PDF then apply predefined signature to a specific part of the PDF file. I couldn’t find the answer on any forums, and most people mentioned they used another tool, but I got it working.

(Done in Adobe) The main issue I believe was the activity where you click the “Sign” button and select from the drop down of saved signatures.

When you click on a signature, it is stuck to your mouse, and as a human user, you can drag it to place wherever you like (without holding down any mouse buttons or keys).

AdobeAttachSignature.xaml (19.3 KB) Signature Example PDF.pdf (92.4 KB) It was a challenge to get the bot to do the same, as it would click the signature, but it wouldn’t “stick” to be able to place it on the PDF. The solution I found was to edit the KeyModifier for that click activity to include ctrl as well as click.

Workflow and PDF output example are attached.

Please let me know if you have questions or suggestions!

Thanks,
Shelby

3 Likes

Hi @shelbypons

Check this

Thanks
Ashwin S

Hi @AshwinS2

Thanks for linking that post. That is the one I was referring to, where their solution was to use another software.

Thanks!
Shelby

Hi @shelbypons - do you know which software they used?

Hello, I just found a solution for my automation to this and I see there are no posts explaining.
Once the digital signature is selected, in order to highlight the area two click activities in different areas of the document are needed.
The first should be set as a CLICK_DOWN Click Type activity. In order to point the cursor for the click-hold action you need to press F3 to indicate on screen the first position where you want your signature to be placed.
Secondly, the CLICK_UP activity should be placed using the same approach (i.e. F3) in the second point where you want your signature field to be drawn. I have given it 1 second delay before each of the two but you might want to tweak the speed of execution depending on the speed of your systems.
I hope this helps,
Mauro

2 Likes