StudioX Global Variables

I am new to UiPath and starting on StudioX, but I have extensive programming experience as I am a Computer Science graduate. Does anyone know if there is a way to set and use global variables within the application in StudioX?

Hello, If you have extensive programming experience maybe StudioX is not the tool for you :slight_smile: Not saying that you will not manage to use it but it’s more targeted towards business crowd, so some of the concepts as global variables were intentional hidden :slight_smile: You might try and give Studio a chance or maybe Studio PRO since those products have functionality tailored more towards individuals which have programming experience.

If you still want to use StudioX then it might be helpful to know that all the variables defined with the “Save for later” activity are treated as global variables :wink: One mention is that you have to be aware that execution of the workflow is sequential and the following will result in a runtime error allthought during design time everything looks fine :smiley:

Regards,
Dragos.

That’s great to know thank you so much! One thing I was attempting to do is set a variable (saved value) early in the execution. Then access or change that variable in a few blocks later. However, when attempting to use modify text and then use the saved value and and save it again as the same value, it duplicates the saved value name.

For Example:

Ohh, I understand now :smiley: Frankly for this kinds o behaviors you can safely use the Project notebook as temporary storage :smiley:

Regards,
Dragos.

Awesome thank you for your time and input! :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.