Storing Multiple Activities into Object Repository

I just recently started exploring Object Repository, and have to say I am very impressed with its features. Now instead of having to update UI in 10 different workflows, all I have to do now is update the library and publish it to orchestrator, which will automatically update the other processes for me, which is pretty neat!

There are, however, many other operations I wish Object Repository will be able to accommodate like Find Children activity, Find Parent, Get Attribute etc etc

Is there a way I can add activities that do not appear in the dropdown list (that appears when you click and drag the Objects from the repository into your sequence) as well into my Object Repository? If not, is there a workaround that I can employ, such as storing them inside of a library?

I’m not that familiar with this, so help of any kind would be most appreciated, thanks in advance!

-Ashwin A.K(Speridian Technologies)

Hi @ashwin.ashok
I think you have misunderstood something. Object repositories are like a library for selectors that you can manage and reuse. This has primarily nothing to do with your activities.

In addition (as far as I know) the old projects are not automatically equipped with the new library, but you must adapt these in the project. Then the new elements are taken over for all areas.

1 Like

Hi @MarioHerrmann ,

Thank you for your response!
I’m sorry for not phrasing my question properly, but what I meant to say was imagine I had a UI Element(A table) that I wish to perform the Get Child Activity on, is it possible to do so on a UI element that has been captured into Object Repository?

Because I don’t see that option available in the drop down after I drag in the UI Element into my sequence.