StartJobs API - The Jobs associated Process could not be found error

orchestrator
api

Hi All

I am currently new to using RPA and API’s in general so any help is appreciated. I’ve scoured the documentation and forums for a solution but sorry in advance if i have missed blindingly obvious answer to my problem somewhere in there.

In the Postman app i am trying to start a job via the Orchestrator API and have come across an error of which i tried searching for in the forums but couldn’t any information about.

After authenticating with a token as per the Orchestrator documentation, in a seperate POST (with token) i am using the endpoint:
https://platform.uipath.com/odata/Jobs/UiPath.Server.Configuration.OData.StartJobs

with the raw body(in application/json) being:

{
“startInfo”: {
“ReleaseKey”: “(MyRobotsKey)”,
“RobotIds”: [
(MyRobotsID)
],
“NoOfRobots”: 0,
“Strategy”: “Specific”
}
}

I receive this error back:

{
“message”: “The job’s associated process could not be found”,
“errorCode”: 1002,
“resourceIds”: null
}

I know my RobotID is correct when i used the /odata/Robots endpoint to confirm them.

I have no idea what this error means “The Job’s associated process could not be found” as well as the “error code:1002”, could anybody explain what the problem might be and how to solve it in order for me to start the process with said robot? My Published package was just a simple message box made in uipath studio which says ‘hello’.

EDIT**** Found solution myself. Feel kinda stupid. ReleaseKey is retrieved from /odata/Releases but i was using RobotKey all along. Derp.

It’s not stupid, just not obvious since when Orchestrator was first developed Processes were caller releases so the endpoints remained stuck with this naming.

Glad you figured it out!