SOAP request throws "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

studio

Scenario: I just dragged SOAP request activity, entered URL and clicked Get, I am getting “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error the moment I click Get.

Hi,
Looks like you haven’t passed any request method
HTTP Method: It’s nothing but the what type of HTTP request you wants to make to the service such as GET , POST ,PUT or delete.
For more info.

Thank you! But the problem comes much before that, I know that once I type in my URL and click get, all the data will be populated. Then I can select methods.
But I am getting the error as soon I click in “GET”

Hi,
Maybe the webservice that you are trying to access needs authentication. I tried also the link and is returning another error for me (but the error message could depend by the version of the web activities package)

Thanks

I am also facing the same issue. “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. Any ideas on this ??

Any updates please ??

Any updates on this issue ???

Hi,
Maybe the webservice that you are trying to use needs authentication? This is my only thought as this time. Is very hard to identity the problem just from a generic error message. I think that is the reason why no one answered to you until now.

Thank,
Cosmin

i have the same issue, i can read the WSDL with soapUi without problem, the WSDL is well formated and there is no authentication mechanisme

any idea?

As a workaround, I can suggest you 2 approaches.

1. Using a custom SOAP activity and invoke it from workflow. Below article will explain the steps to that.
    https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/consuming-a-soap-service-using-custom-activities

2. Use HTTP request instead, here you will need to build a custom xml and then send it to the service.
    HTTP Request: Endpoint = complete or part of a variable

same issue when using soap request. I tried passing required auth also. Didnt work . Is this a product bug?