Since updating to windows: Expression Activity type 'VisualBasicValue`1' requires compilation in order to run. Please ensure that the workflow has been compiled

Hey,

I have a variable called ‘pManufacturer’ which can potentially contain accented letters. I previously had in place the following which I could use to replace these, however, since updating to windows, I seem to be getting a VisualVasicValue’1 error (see title).

The string:
System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(“ISO-8859-8”).GetBytes(pManufacturer)

I’ve replaced the double " " as suggested by other topics here, but no luck. I have also tried using ‘1251’ instead (as suggested elsewhere). No luck.

Anything I can do to remedy this? Perhaps I am missing some import or dependency (though I don’t think so).

Thanks in advance.

Hi @dr1992

Check out the thread.

Please check that all double quotes are fine.

Regards

I have, they are fine.

check:

And:

Sections: 2.11, 2.7

1 Like

Hi @dr1992

The below thread should help you then.

Regards

Hmm, so it seems ‘UiPth.CognativeActivities’ isn’t compatible. Is there any alternative I can use for this?

is it possible for you to share the XAML and project.json with us?

I’ve resolved this issue now, after removing the debunked package and imports, I had to use an 'invoke method to get the code to work.

System.Text.CodePagesEncodingProvider.Instance

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.