Sharepoint Excel

Hi

I want to add few columns and update few cells in sharepoint excel, can somebody guide me on how to use and connect to sharepoint excel.

Regards

@quick_123,

For this you will have to use Office 365 package. This package will provide you activities like below.

You can use Write Cell activity to write cell value directly on Sharepoint Excel file.

Thanks,
Ashok :slight_smile:

Shall I directly use this activity or it should be used inside any excel application scope

I use find Files and folders to arrive at the excel file location and from there how should I use these activities

@quick_123,

We have two options here. Office 365 and Office 365 - Classic

Office 365 requires/works with integration service more details you can find here: Integration Service - About the Microsoft Outlook 365 connector

In this option there is no Scope activity you will require as individual activity directly works with the Office 365 through integration service.

In Second option that is Office 365 - Classic: You have Scope activity and configuration require at every use of it.

In this case you are using Classic activities and you can update online by using Write Cell Activity of Classic package.

It’s totally depend on you and the integration you have with Office 365.

Thanks,

I am using classic Microsoft 365

Use this Write Cell activity.

but will I be able to add column using this write cell?

@quick_123,

When you add /write cell to first row of any column, the it will be a column.
If your Sheet have Table format then you will have to use Insert column activity.

Thanks,

The Excel sheet is already filled with data so I want to add column at the starting

@quick_123,

In that case, you will have to

1. read the existing data into datatable with read range activity of office 365

2. Add the column to datatable.

3. Use write range activity of office 365 to write updated datatable.

Thanks,
Ashok :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.