Several errors after upgrade

Yesterday I installed the “Required update” when i saw the pop up notification in the bottom right. After that update, i have seen a few errors.

1: My Invoke PowerShell activity is not working anymore, because it probably is not handling variables anymore. It’s not only in Studio, during debug. Processes in Orchestrator have same exceptions after the update, so I believe it’s related to the client too.

If I simply try to Invoke PowerShell activity with this script:

“[System.Text.Encoding]::UTF8.GetBytes(‘test’)”

then I get this exception:

Message: The following exception occurred while retrieving member “GetBytes”: “GenericArguments[0], ‘System.ReadOnlySpan1[System.Char]', on 'System.Func3[T1,T2,TResult]’ violates the constraint of type ‘T1’.”

Exception Type: System.Management.Automation.ExtendedTypeSystemException

2: In Studio, I see weird error messages when I open the Expression Editor:

3: PiP is also broken:
System.Exception: Could not start executor. An error occurred while we tried to start the process in Picture in Picture.

To address errors after a UiPath update:

1. Invoke PowerShell Issue*: Verify the script syntax and parameter passing. Test the script outside of UiPath.
  2. Expression Editor Error*: Ensure the in_Value argument exists, is correctly scoped, and is correctly typed. Recreate it if necessary.
  3. Troubleshooting*: Clear NuGet caches, update packages, and validate workflows.
  4. Rollback*: If unresolved, consider uninstalling the current version and reinstalling the previous version of UiPath Studio.
  1. It’s a simple script, it works in PowerShell application. Ofc I will test that.
  2. It’s an IN argument, it will always have full scope in that workflow. I have shown it in the screenshot too.
  3. Doesn’t help
  4. It’s not just Studio, it’s the client too. So Assistant probably? And can I install a previous version of the Community Edition?

If I don’t open the Expression Editor, there is no error shown anywhere. So it’s needed to open this window to see this weird message.

Hi @echthard

Actually it’s bug. When you open the Advanced Expression Editor even though your expression is correct, it’s throwing an error. You can run your workflow as usual. It won’t cause you any problem or error. You cannot download the previous version of UiPath Studio community edition.

Regards

Thank you, that’s what I thought. But the Invoke Powershell activity suddenly cannot run scripts with GetBytes() in it. It can still run this for example:

“[System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().User.Value”

So it’s not completely broken, it just cannot run scripts with GetBytes() while it could run them before yesterday.

What required update are you talking about? I choose when I update.
Are you using Community Edition? If so this is just a thing with community, it where they test things.
Switch to Enterprise LTS installs if you want stability.

I have mentioned Community Edition a few times. Community Edition has required updates.

If the devs make errors, shouldn’t I report them here in the community? Weird statement in your reply.

For others with same issue, I have created a workaround:

• Write Text File activity to create your script
  • Start Process activity to use “C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe” and as argument use “-File “your_script_file_here””

This works, but for same script the Invoke PowerShell activity does not work.

Community is just for learning, so to me its weird you encounter this issue. Like I said, why aren’t you using Enterprise LTS releases and getting stable updates. Devs normally use Enterprise and I am wondering why you are instead using Community, it could be you just don’t know about the LTS releases and why I ask.