Got an error after upgrading to beta

Main.xaml: Internal constraint exception while running constraint with name ‘Constraint’ against activity of type System.Activities.Statements.Sequence with name ‘Sequence’. Exception was: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Invoke(Activity activity, IDictionary2 inputs, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions, TimeSpan timeout) at System.Activities.WorkflowInvoker.Invoke(Activity workflow, IDictionary 2 inputs, TimeSpan timeout, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions)
at System.Activities.WorkflowInvoker.Invoke(Activity workflow, IDictionary2 inputs) at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.RunConstraints(ChildActivity childActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList 1 constraints, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, Boolean suppressGetChildrenViolations, IList`1& validationErrors)

How I can roll back?

Seems like the same issue everyone else is having. Are you using invoke powershell? See UiPath Community 2022.12 Release - #15 by AutumnBreeze

At this time, I don’t believe there exists a workaround or way to roll back. Recode your app to not use powershell or it will be broken until a new version with this fixed is released.

1 Like

I haven’t invoked PowerShell anywhere :slight_smile:

in my case, it’s the hotkey

Hi @Sami_Rajput @AutumnBreeze

A few questions:

• could you please share a project zip of a project that has this issue?
  • is this Legacy, Windows or a Cross-Platform project?
  • is this an older project, or a newly created one? Does the same happen on a newly created one?
  • I assume this Hide sequences option is OFF for both of you? Does changing this setting fix it?

I wasn’t immediately able to reproduce this issue.

Its in the main thread see UiPath Community 2022.12 Release - #15 by AutumnBreeze

Shows minimum reproduction with a new project with a single node - invoke powershell - added with ‘echo hello’ in windows.

@loginerror
=>Windows
=>New project (Was working fine before upgrade)
=> I have cut copy paste each activity one by one to a separate project (and in my case “Send hotkey activity” was causing issue so I removed it and then again used it ) and then it was working fine

2 Likes