Set a specific value to a combo box or list unsure about it

Hi all, can u please help me to assign/ select a value from a list or whatever displayed

Thanks in advance
Nithya

1 Like

What are you trying to select from the list?

Have you tried the Select Item activity and use a variable to pass in the specific value

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I will try “select Item” acivity.

1 Like

Thank you Paul for the quick reply.

Hi Paul,

“Select Item” Acivity is not supported in this case – any other way to try it out Please

Thanks in advance
Nithya

Make sure you’re highlighting the correct portion of the element. If you carefully move the mouse around the element, you’ll see different size boxes appear because there are multiple nested elements.

You can also look at the source code of the page and see if it’s really a SELECT element.

If it’s not, then you’ll have to just use Click activities to click it and then click the option you want.

ok, I will try Paul. Thanks for the quick response

Source code says they are using DIV & Span tags – need to select the elements dynamically.

It would be great if web designers were taught how to write web pages so that automation is easier.

You’re going to have to use a Click to open the pulldown then a Click to select the option you want from the pulldown.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.