Send SMTP email - Multiple recipients stored via config file

Hi. I have an Excel config file which is being loaded into a dictionary and one of the fields contains the TO email address used by the Send SMTP Email activity. When I try to send the email and there are multiple email addresses it fails and says “Too many recipients”.

Is there are limitation to only having a single email address? If not, is there a particular way the email addresses should be stored in the config file? I have tried numerous ways without success as follows:

a@a.com;b@b.com
a@a.com;b@b.com
a@a.com; b@b.com
a@a.com; b@b.com
a@a.com" + “;” + “b@b.com

Hi @craig.norton

There is no limitation in UiPath for sending emails to multiple recipients using the “Send SMTP Email” activity. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when specifying multiple recipients in the “To” field:

1. The “To” field should contain a semicolon-separated list of email addresses. For example: “user1@example.com; user2@example.com; user3@example.com
  2. The total number of recipients (including “To,” “Cc,” and “Bcc” recipients) should not exceed the maximum number of recipients allowed by the SMTP server. This limit is typically around 500-1000 recipients, depending on the server.
  3. Make sure that the email addresses in the “To” field are properly formatted and do not contain any extra spaces or special characters.

If you are still encountering issues after making sure that the “To” field is properly formatted and the total number of recipients is within the allowed limit, it is possible that there is an issue with the SMTP server configuration or with the way the email is being sent. In this case, you may want to check the UiPath logs for any error messages or clues about what might be causing the issue.

Thanks!!!

@craig.norton

"A@gmail.com;b@gmail.com"this supports make sure you dont give spaces inside the string

In config you have to give without double quotes

Cheers

Hi. I stored them in the config file without quotes and separated by a semi-colon so think that is ok. Will have to check with IT regarding any restrictions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.