Selector for UiPath Studio Changes

Hi,

I’ll like to ask, what’s other solutions for selector that changes.

Example :
The value of the selector is . However after the second attempt, the value changes to . So, it will click on other selector.

I tried using “*” wildcard, anchor base, find image and finding text. It still fails.

May I know what are the other solutions to overcome problem as above?

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you share the selector not able to see in your post. Thanks.

@SukhvinWalia

You can use Regular expression or pass variable into Selector to make it as dynamic. Have a look below threads.

1 Like

This is the value of the selector.

Hi,

Best practice is not to use the ID we cannot use * since each and every id represents one of the Ui element on the screen.

Use UI explorer and find out the aaname for this Ui element to uniquely identify each and every ui elment so that it always identify that properly.

1 Like

Hi,

Other than using the aaname to identify the UiElement, what else can i use?

Hi,

Is that aa name or innertext are not unique for this ui element. thanks.

I have 2 different interface that I’ll need to click on the exact same button.

For the first interface, the button can be clicked by using aaname however during the second interface, it is unable to click on the button.

Hi,

i think you have two use two different click activity. or else use element exist activity and understand which interface we are in based on that we can use correct click activity. could you pls try in this way. there should be some difference between two interfaces.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

ID = 08 for first interface
ID = 09 for second interface.

in this case we can use id attribute if it never changes frequently.

use element exist activity to find out which interface we are in. use if then and else condition we can manage the click activities. please give it a try. thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.