Select drop down list in a web according to an excel sheet

Hey,

I want to fill a form in web.I have an excel sheet from there i have to select the drop down list in web and select the correct item.
e.g- In an excel sheet i have a column name ‘A’ and in this column many data are available like x,y,z and i have to click on the drop down in a web and select x or y or z(According to the excel).Please Help me.

Thanks
@Palaniyappan @loginerror

1 Like

Great
Hope these steps would help you resolve this
—use a excel application scope activity and pass the file path as input
—inside that scope use a read range activity and get the output with a variable of type datatable named outdt
—then use a for each row loop activity and pass the above variable as input and inside the loop use a open browser activity and pass the url of the web page
—inside the open browser activity use a Select Item activity and select the element we want
Where in the input mention as row(“yourcolumnname”).ToString

—or if the select item doesn’t work we can use send hot key activity with key tab until it reaches the drop down field and use n number of send hot key activity with key as tab until it reaches there
—once after reaching if the type into activity works we can pass the same above expression as input that would choose from the list

Hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @omprasad

2 Likes

Hey @Palaniyappan Thanks For Your Reply.

Select item Or Using Send hot key,Can Select The Item in dropdown According To the Excel Sheet?
If I Have A List Of 20 Items in dropdown then should i use 20 send hot key?For Each Item.

Thanks

1 Like

Fine
Then we can use select item activity
We can use send hot key if select item doesn’t work and that too once after reaching the drop down field with tab key kindly use TYPE INTO activity and pass the string we want to choose
Like sometimes when we choose a drop down and type the term we want it will take us to that string in the drop down right, similar way

No need of using that much down key in send hot key activity

Hope this would help you
Cheers @omprasad

1 Like

Hey @Palaniyappan
Thanks For Your Reply.

I Can’t Use Type Into Activity Bcoz There Is no search box is available.
I have to simply click on the drop down and There are default list items available.
I can’t Enter text manually.After Clicking on the dropdown i have to select the item inside the dropdown what is available in excel sheet.May be x or y or z.

Select Item activity didn’t work.

Thanks

1 Like

Fine may I know what was the error coming up using select item activity
@omprasad

“This Control Doesn’t Support Select item”.

I use Hover it works
But I Have to select The Item i.e available inside this.

Thanks

Hey @Palaniyappan

Select Item Activity works
But I Have to Select the item inside this according to the excel

Thanks

1 Like

Great
So in the select item activity pass the input like this

Cheers @omprasad

Thanks @Palaniyappan

For Your Help.Thanks A lot.
It works fine.

Regards,
Om

1 Like

No worries
Cheers @omprasad

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.