Same bot different pcs

Hi guys

I have a strange situations, some bots I have built work perfectly on my computer however when using the same bot on my colleagues pc it seems to lose indicators / not find them.

We are both running windows 10 and the latest version of chrome, the latest example was logging into salesforce and creating a new user, when choose the user menu in the admin panel the bot would fail on her pc however still work fine on mine… any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong? In most cases it would seem it would lose the selector but repairing it, it would just be the same exact code

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @Adeel_Ahmed ,
Most probably this is selector issue, check re mapping your selector from the other one pc

1 Like

Do I have to redo the selector everytime on every pc? Surely there must be a better solution? This bot may be pushed to about 20 different pcs

2 Likes

maybe you can try deploying the process through orchestrator to each of the pcs.

2 Likes

Hi @Adeel_Ahmed

Can you check the samething again in another machine as well?

Are you guys using remote desktop? Or working on the own machine?

One more thing to ask, is he having multiple screens connected to the machine in extended display mode? Having in extended mode sometimes cause problems

3 Likes

Hey

We are programming on our own machine to begin with.

We do have multiple displays yes! But I make sure uipath and salesforce windows are always on the same display or does that not help?

2 Likes

I’m facing this problem too… my bots is run well on my PC but if I test with other PC or even may be on different language it doesn’t work… I have to fix same path or data on other PC like my PC…

2 Likes

@Naychi If you have files Chosen from the System, then you need to put them into the Workflow Directory, and Use the relative Path from the Directory. In this way if the process has to be tested on other systems it should work.

Also if you have values which are dynamic but the processes are same, then i suggest you use a Config File, Which Stores those values. Hence in this way you just need to change the Config File values and the process will run for that value

2 Likes

@supermanPunch if you have time, would you like to show me how to? I’m handling for this project for multi user… but it works for only one user … Now i’m creating for two workflow for Japan and English language. Even Language doesn’t matter but for same process can’t run for multi PC is the problem. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Naychi When you say you’re creating a workflow for Japan and English, What is the Difference?

2 Likes

Hello @Adeel_Ahmed

I have couple of things to mention:

1. Check the Title is same when you using a web automation, because some times title may contains some different name, so make it dynamic, so that i will work

2. Avoid image automation, Also check you have same versions of UiPath studio

3. Always use debugging to check the failure and try to figure the difference of the selectors

Hope these may be useful for you

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey @Srini84 i will take a look at the title and compare this.

By image automation do you mean image exists?

2 Likes

@Adeel_Ahmed

Yes, image automation - Image Appear, Image Exists, these activities fails due to resolution issue, better replace with selectors or need to remap

Hope this helps

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi ks

What other activity can i use instead of image exists to validate if something is true or not for an IF statement then?

2 Likes

@Adeel_Ahmed

You can always use Element exists, On Element Appear activities, because Elements will works on selector, it is more reliable if you find a good selector than using image exists

Hope this helps

Thanks

2 Likes