Runtime execution error - Screen scraping practice 1

I’m working on screen scraping practice 1 on lab exercise manual. I’m getting this error.
How do I fix it?

Hi,

Probably, OCR engine returns empty as input string doesn’t contains any characters. For now, can you check input image using SaveImage activity as the following, for example?

Regards,

You mean this?

Hi,

No, as it’s informative screenshot. actual image is not same. Can you check actual image using SaveImage. If there is no character in the image, it’s necessary to review your settings of GetOCR Text or add Delay just before it to isolate cause the issue.

Regards,

So you mean that I should put SaveImage instead of Get OCR text? I’m new at this lol

Well Unfortunately, the OCR results depend mainly on the input image and the strength of your OCR,
maybe try with different free OCR (like UiPath Document OCR) to see if it has better results.
https://docs.uipath.com/activities/other/latest/document-understanding/ui-path-document-ocr

Or try reducing the scale property of this activity
And give a try

@Sara_Piana

Hi,

For debug purpose, can you try the following step?

1. Put a few sec Delay activity just before GetOCRText. If it returns expected result, it’s timing matter.

2. If 1 doesn’t work, to isolate cause, can you try to check whether image is same as what you expect using the following activities instead of Get OCR Text (Disabled it temporarily).

if debug.png is not what you expect, it’s necessary to review your selector of TakeScreenshot (or GetOCRText)

Regards,

@Sara_Piana

1. Are you opening some web page and getting data or opening a pdf and getting the data?
  2. Is the indicated data page and the page being used for testing is same?
  3. If different please open and check if the trget used in get ocr text activity is having any value or not by highlighting the element

Cheers