Run nupkg package from another UiPath Studio

Hi Community!

I have a nupkg package I published from UiPath Studio v2020.10.4. I want to email it to another user so they can run the package from their UiPath Studio.

How do I do this?

Thank you!

You don’t run published packages (.nupkg files) in Studio. Studio is a development environment. You use Assistant to run published packages. If you have Orchestrator, do it that way. If not, they just have to put the .nupkg into c:\users\username\.nuget\packages

@Jessica_Moseley

Are you guys using Orchestrator and your studio machines connected with Orchestrator ? If yes then just check Orchestrator feed option in Manage Packages section in UiPath studio and then your colleague can install the package directly.

If you are not using Orchestrator then published processes will be find under this location C:/ProgramData/UiPath/Packages. Copy the .nupkg file from here and share it to your colleague.

Hi

There are three ways with which your peer user can use your file

1. If you have a common orchestrator between you and your peer user then once after you have published to orchestrator your team mate can run it directly from Automation tab → Job
    And if he wants to download it then click on Tenant tab (at the left side of the screen) and click on Pacakges tab → there search for your process name and click on View Process and download it

Once after downloading rename that .nuget to .zip
This will get converted to zip file now and right click on to extract all the files in it
Then that user can open and run it from studio

1. Or if you don’t have any common orchestrator with you then once after you have published go to this folder
    C:/ProgramData/UiPath/Packages
  • where you can see your package and send him through mail
    He can extract in same as mentioned above like
    Once after downloading rename that .nuget to .zip
    This will get converted to zip file now and right click on to extract all the files in it
    Then that user can open and run it from studio
  1. Or finally if you have any GitHub or any common shared drive with you people then you can share through them as well

Hope this would help you

Cheers @Jessica_Moseley

Hello,

Thank you for your help! We do not have orchestrator yet.

The solution is to email the nuget package to the other user and they place the package into their: C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages

Open UiPath Assistant, name the bot, and click on the 3 dots to “start a session”

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.