Run a Macro from a macro enabled sheet without using excel scope

excel
activities
macro

Hi Team,

Is there any way to run a macro without using an excel application scope.
As using the excel application scope is giving lots of random issues.
Sometimes works fine however the other run may corrupt the sheet or give an exception.
Tried taking help from the support team also, they cannot resolve the excel application scope issue.
Hence I have used workbook for all the tasks.
Blocked for Macro run part.
Please help!

Thanks,
Priyanka Yadav

Open excel file with Win+R, in run window type into Absolute Excel path.
Once Excel file is open click on View- Macros - ViewMacro… There select your macro and click on Run… Voila…

please do this before opening excel using Uipath

You can add a combination shortcut key to a macro when you record it, and you can also add one to an existing macro:

1. On the Developer tab, in the Code group, click Macros.

In the Macro name box, click the macro that you want to assign to a combination shortcut key.

1. Click Options.

The Macro Options dialog box appears.

1. In the Shortcut key box, type any lowercase or uppercase letter that you want to use with the shortcut key.

Notes:

For Windows, the shortcut key for lowercase letters is Ctrl+letter. For uppercase letters, it’s Ctrl+Shift+Letter.

Be careful assigning shortcut keys, because they will override any equivalent default Excel shortcut key while the workbook that contains the macro is open. For example, if you assign a macro to Ctrl+z, you’ll lose the ability to Undo. Because of this, it’s generally a good idea to use Ctrl+Shift+Uppercase letter instead, like Ctrl+Shift+Z, which doesn’t have an equivalent shortcut in Excel.

Assign the short cut hot key for your macro, and then send hot key after opening excel using UiPath.

this was manual process

@pathrudu @amitapte2009
Just one more query when we use uipath,s execute macro activity then. It waits for the macro to run and after that trigger the next activity.
So can u tell me in this case can we have something to check is the macro finished so that next activity can start.

@priyanka.yadav18

Sorry I didn’t came across macro activity till now