ROI using transactions NOT process runs

Just completed installation of Insights and wanting to start showing accurate ROI metrics. Please help. The OOTB Business ROI provides human time vs robot time by PROCESS. However, we use queues and batch run many transactions. Therefore, we need to change robot process time to robot transaction time and compare it to human time with resultant as the savings.
Also, where can I find the best training for Insights? I have looked read and watch videos but most of it not organized very well or explanations not clear.

We are using version 2020.10 of Insights.

Hi @JAS_CFB,

I have not used Insights, but inorder to get the transaction time we use the

Transaction End---> transactionExecutionTime which is logged using NLog. I am not sure how or from where insights consumes this value. But you are looking for a way show the transactionExecutionTime values from Robot executions. The unit used is seconds.

Read more here on log levels: Logging and Log Levels (uipath.com)

Thank you. however, I am specifically seeking how to change Insights’ widget (business ROI) to the transaction level.

Hello! Were you able to come up with a solution? How did you deal with automation with multiple queues?

Agreed with the training for Insights. The demos are very elementary and mostly focus on the OOTB. Some training, walkthroughs with real examples would be great.

If you go to the UiPath Marketplace here: UiPath Insights ROI Dashboard - Queues - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace, you will find a dashboard that mimics the OOTB dashboard but is used for transactions.

And for on - premises Insights training, please check out our course on the UiPath Academy called UiPath Insights (On-Premises) for on-prem.

https://academy.uipath.com/learningpath/uipath-insights-on-premises

2 Likes

Thank you Aaron! This is very helpful.

I did make some modifications to the Insights widget to provide transaction counts within each process queue. Then used calculation to get an average transaction runtime.
Column 1 = QueueName Column 2 = SUM (avg([Transaction Duration In Seconds]) /60)

I found that learning Sisense and you can learn how to modify and write much of what you need within Insights.

I am still trying to find out how to add my own open fields. Useful if you want to include human effort. In other words, average queue transaction time is 1 minute compared to human effort that I manually add to a widget column.