Replacement of if activity

In my application I am using multiple if condition due to this it make not able to understand as mentioned in screen shot

Some one suggest me.If you use Nested if, it is very difficult to understand the workflow, because the IF activity splits a sequence vertically
So please use Boolean flags instead of using nested ifs

Good morning Aditya, have you considered using a flowchart container instead of a sequence?

2 Likes

A flowchart is a better format. Then it is very simple to follow and understand, just like the flowchart you drew and have shown here.

If you prefer to create and pass booleans, then that is possible as well. Use assign activity and assign YourBoolean = if(condition,true,false)

2 Likes

@chenderson thanks for reply shall send you code.So please watch this and suggest what I need to do because I need to write this code again today my code review suggest me …??

If you use Nested if, it is very difficult to understand the workflow, because the IF activity splits a sequence vertically and is perfect for short balanced linear branches. Challenges come when more conditions need to be chained in an IF… ELSE IF manner, especially when branches exceed available screen size in either width or height

So,Nested If statements are to be avoided to keep the workflow simple/linear.

I am using multiple time if condition it make the code complex and not easy to understand as I try to mention in screenshot

Some one suggest me If you use Nested if, it is very difficult to understand the workflow, because the IF activity splits a sequence vertically
So use Boolean flags instead of using nested ifs.Can you please suggest me how can I achieve this

I answered this in the other post you created here: Replacement of if activity - #3 by Dave

It is indeed possible to use boolean flags, but then you still have nested ifs. A flowchart is much better in this situation. Please check the answer in your other thread linked above

Good morning Aditya,

I would recommend not creating duplicate posts in such a short period, as it goes against the forum guidelines and etiquette.

https://forum.uipath.com/faq

2 Likes

@chenderson when I create this click on submit it throw me error after 10 mint I got notification your post was approved