Rename file after download

Hey

I need to rename files I’m downloading from a search in an excel.

Search from column B and if found, download and rename with the contents of all columns separated by an underscore keeping the extension.

use a read range activity, then a for each row, then a for each file in folder to loop into the files, inside that use an if activity to check if the curretFile.FullName.containst(CurrentRow.toString) if true, the use rename file activity passing in the file propertie the currentFile.FullName and in the new Name pass all of the rows, example currentRow(“documento”).toString + “" + currentRow(“numero_nf”).tostring + "” + currentRow(“serie_nf”).tostring… ETC

hope it helps

regards!

Hi, @fernando_zuluaga

My idea is to rename it right after the download because then I’m going to move the renamed file to another directory.

Because the search I do doesn’t match the name of the file I download, and the filenames don’t follow a pattern

I’m trying this way right after download move and rename the file.

hey

it should be if you want seperate by underscore FolderPath +

row(0).ToString + "_"+ row(1).ToString + "_" + row(2).ToString

if you dont want any sepataron just concat all the rows like: FolderPath + row(0).ToString + row(1).ToString + row(2).ToString… etc

regards

Almost there!

Not renamed with file extension.

And I want it to rename and then move.

hey

just add the extension in the final ex: row(0).ToString + "_"+ row(1).ToString + "_" + row(2).ToString + ".pdf"

regards

@fernando_zuluaga

are files with different extensions pdf JPG jpeg png etc

@fernando_zuluaga
hello i got it

Thank you for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.